Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Mars Tap — Gideros Forum

Mars Tap

Hello Folks!!

My new App "Mars Tap"

Here I leave the promotional video.
Enjoy it

GET IT
You can download it here (Google Play Store) FREE :)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsb.MarsTap

+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• In the promotional video my will already broken, it seems diffucult hence you can not pass the first block yourself :D (2 attempts)

Just joking seems nice start downloading already. Surely will write a review.
    KongoRatz!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited June 2017
    In the promotional video my will already broken, it seems diffucult hence you can not pass the first block yourself :D (2 attempts)
    I'm terrible gamer LOL :)

• antixantix Member
    edited June 2017
    Hey that's a really cool game Ronald but way too difficult for me :D

The collision was very unforgiving, there were times when there was no actual collision and I died :(

What kind of collision are you using? Rect vs rotated rect?

You might want to check your ad code because after half an hour I have seen no ads.

• Hi @antix thanks for your review
    Ads I'm going to check it, but I know that it take some time when you implement it first time (in short time) or maybe I missed something... i don't know

The collision was very unforgiving, there were times when there was no actual collision and I died :(

What kind of collision are you using? Rect vs rotated rect?

Yes you are right!
    You can see that circle is a bigger than probe

First, I was worked physics of the probe with rectangule but my app crashed because exist a trouble with corners in Box2D
    http://box2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094

So I've reduced size circle... and already it is available Google Play Store
    (it look like so)

Box2dMarsTap.png
    1264 x 711 - 658K
    Box2dMarsTap2.png
    1655 x 933 - 975K
  • antixantix Member
    Okay great. I was kind of upset when just a little of the antenna collided with the structure and it was game over :(

I very much like the new collision circle.. maybe I can beat my best score of 3 now :D

I suppose using Box2d is kind of overkill but it really works and there isn't too much going on that it causes the CPU to strain at all. Pretty cool :)

Hopefully the ads will come online in due course.
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited June 2017

I suppose using Box2d is kind of overkill but it really works and there isn't too much going on that it causes the CPU to strain at all. Pretty cool :)
    Yes, Box2D saves a lot time in coding it... maybe the negative thing is that I needed change update parameter
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5362291/fast-moving-bodies-in-box2d-sometimes-pass-through-each-other

and prevent "tunneling effect" between probe and structures
    local n = 120 -- default 60
    world:step(1/n, 8, 3)
    Although sometimes it is appear... but you take it like a bonus (quantum model) in this case (you didn't die so don't worry :) )