Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
WinRT export Win32 emulation problem on Surface Book 3000x2000 screen... — Gideros Forum

WinRT export Win32 emulation problem on Surface Book 3000x2000 screen...

MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
edited May 2017 in General questions
Regards Gideros latest WinRT export, I was just testing rebuilding 2 older apps that were originally built with John's older Gideros>Longford system before Gideros Win RT export existed of course.

I have exported the original Lua code in an attempt to refresh the Paid builds of these 2 apps on the Windows App Store which suffer from window scale problems. My other 4 apps there are fine as they were built with a newer Gideros Win RT export system. However since Gideros Win RT export has been updated yet again read on...

Windows Phone is all good and working as expected.

Windows RT/Desktop comes out double size in the emulator on my 3000x2000 res Surface Book running VS 2015. If I change the res of my desktop down to say 1280x720, I see more of the screen but it's still not right and some of it remains clipped. The touch input is running at the correct scale though just not the graphics.

I'm sure I saw this bug a long while ago but instead then the screen came out too small rather than too big I recall.

(see screenshot attached)

Thought I would mention it here anyway but have currently put my Gideros>Windows plans on hold for the moment as it's deffo not right.
WinRT_Win32Emu.png
3000 x 1812 - 542K

Comments

• MobAmuseMobAmuse Member
    edited May 2017
    Everything I export as WinRT actually comes out double or larger scale when running on the Win32 emulator in VS2015 via Surface Book 3000x2000 screen when exported with Gideros 2017.4.1 now.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Thanks for reporting, I've been mostly trying to get things right on Windows Phone, although it seemed to be ok on Windows desktop too, but I don't have a High DPI display, so my scale factor must be 1:1 anyhow. I'll check if scale factor could have been wrongly applied somehow.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • No problem I've just stored all the projects I planned to update on my server for now until a newer version of Gideros happens that may fix this. No worries.