Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
box2d particles — Gideros Forum

box2d particles

piepie Member
edited August 2016 in General questions
Hi, I'm playing with these particles and box2d for the first time and I have some questions:
I was wondering if there is some method to get information about the particleSystem, like get boundaries (= water level) and get collision status (is my player drowned?)
Maybe I could use floating invisible sensors to get those info, but if there is a smarter way to do it I'm willing to listen to your suggestions. :)

Also, is there some way to "limit" their number? (Know how many particles are there, and/or kill some particles on collision?)
I noticed the ttl setting, but since it's time related it won't be usable everywhere; as an example:
What happens if particles "fall" off the screen? Are they still there or are somehow removed?

[Edit: I just noticed that particleSystem:setTexture() doesn't support texturepack:getTextureRegion() but it needs Texture.new(), is this worth a github issue? ]

Thank you