Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Jerk object movement, not smooth as wanted ? — Gideros Forum

Jerk object movement, not smooth as wanted ?

YanYan Member
edited May 2015 in Bugs and issues
Hi, all! Ive made a simple example attached to this topic to explain, what i meant. The problem that I noticed that objects are dragging and jerking while moving, the movement should be linear and smooth, but while game is running you can notice some dragging that appears time to time, not always. Just turn on example and look some iterations of box movement, you can notice the problem. Ive found only one same question on this forum and it was about dragging exactly on android device, but my broblem you can see even on Framework Windows Player (device has same problem). The reason why Ive did simple example is to exclude other logic in my game, because ive noticed this problem, when my personages were moving on level.
zip
zip
JerkMovement.zip
vk.com/yan_alex

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Do you experience the same without box2d? Like simple tweening?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Cause I assume it might be a problem of calculating position, and to make box2d smoother you should probably use different scaling for box2d
  • YanYan Member
    Cause I assume it might be a problem of calculating position, and to make box2d smoother you should probably use different scaling for box2d
    Ive read some info about platformers at all, and fond good advice - use float numbers for movement, but I cant edit box2d source in his framework, and dont know where =)

about ur advice, what u mean scaling of box2d ? now I use Letterbox scaling and it seems better scale option to all devices. Can you explain please ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • YanYan Member
    Do you experience the same without box2d? Like simple tweening?
    I found other thread with same problem, but theres problem starts when theres a lot of objects on screen (didnt tried to reduce), I have same thing in this example in my player.

giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/5574/android-performance-for-sprite-move/p1
    zip
    zip
    5855ca3867c9ef1a23b2b5fef70d90.zip
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • piepie Member
    @ar2sawseen @Yan I'd say this runs much better with gtween than using EnterFrame event as in @grotly example.

However, I am using the "less jerky gtween" which someone posted on this forum some time ago (I wasn't able to find the original link/github).

zip
    zip
    Jumping Balls GTween.zip
  • YanYan Member
    @ar2sawseen @Yan I'd say this runs much better with gtween than using EnterFrame event as in @grotly example.

However, I am using the "less jerky gtween" which someone posted on this forum some time ago (I wasn't able to find the original link/github).

well, why didnt u use box2d way ? or does ur games need not physics approach ? ive tried use simple AABB and Gtween, but then ive found that box2d solves all probles that i have using simple collisions and gives more space to manipulate on objects
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • YanYan Member
    ________
    by the way after some iterations in ur example i see same lagging ... isnt it just a framework problem ?
    vk.com/yan_alex
  • piepie Member
    Accepted Answer
    @Yan I was just following up Arturs' suggestion to try tweening without box2d :)
    Gtween won't do box2d work, sorry if I mislead you.

On my devices I got smoother movements in jumping ball example using gtween: maybe it could help to figure out the lag problem, but unfortunately it's not a fix.
  • YanYan Member
    @Yan I was just following up Arturs' suggestion to try tweening without box2d :)
    Gtween won't do box2d work, sorry if I mislead you.

On my devices I got smoother movements in jumping ball example using gtween: maybe it could help to figure out the lag problem, but unfortunately it's not a fix.
    ok, thank you, seems have to work with current xD
    vk.com/yan_alex