I'm trying to follow instructions for including AdMob ads in my project at http://docs.giderosmobile.com/interface/ads
and am confused.
1. Why do we have to add the stuff to our exported Xcode project *before* we insert the lua code? If I have to add lua code, then don't I have to export my Lua project to Xcode *again*???
2. Is my Lua code expected to run in Gideros Player after I add the ad stuff i.e.
admob = Ads.new("admob")
3. The lua code require 'ads' gives an error when I try to run my project in Gideros Studio. Why? I'm assuming an "ads.lua" file must need to exist somewhere. Where do I get this file? Do I have to be a paid member? I assumed that since Gideros went Open Source, you didn't specifically have to (especially since I noticed my TestFlight app doesn't show the Gideros Splash Screen on startup on my iPhone).
This page http://docs.giderosmobile.com/interface/main
says "yes" but the button for Indie Developer which goes to this page gives a 404http://members.giderosmobile.com/clientarea.php?action=products#upgrade
3.5 This page implies that the code is in Labs - Is it? http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/labs/Ads#Ads
... so I can't upgrade. But everyone seems to have access to all the Github Gideros Plugins at https://github.com/gideros/giderosplugins
4. This page http://docs.giderosmobile.com/interface/ads
says "Copy contents of Plugins directory into your exported project's Plugins directory" -- Where is the first/source Plugins directory? I can see my Xcode projects plugins directory but there is no directory named "Plugins" in the github plugins. Do they mean *ALL* the plugins (including Ads, Facebook, Flurry, Store Kit, GooglePlay, etc..etc..etc..?)
5. I've tried to execute the example in the Ads plugin directory but I get the error at "require 'ads' " line.
Is there a beginner's tutorial somewhere? I've read as much as I can on this forum but I seem to be missing something critical at the start.