Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Event.PRE_SOLVE and Event.POST_SOLVE not work with fixture sensor in body — Gideros Forum

Event.PRE_SOLVE and Event.POST_SOLVE not work with fixture sensor in body

DungDajHjepDungDajHjep Member
edited September 2014 in Announcements
BenginContact and EndContact can found collision with fixture sensor in my body, but Event.PRE_SOLVE and Event.POST_SOLVE can't do it, anyone can help me ?

Comments

• @DungDajHjep why would you need to use pre_solve and not begin contact?

Pre and post solve are usually meant to manipulate or retrieve some collision data, like get the force of collision and not manage if the body's actually contacting.

But with sensor fixtures, there is no actual collision (body simply passes through)

So share more on what exactly you want to achieve? :)
  • @ar2rsawseen
    I simply want to perform a certain task repeatedly when something hit the sensor fixture, I know there are workarounds, I just thought it was a bug

Now I'm having trouble with performance issues when creating a racing game, with tiles map with size 14400 x 896 pixels, there are nearly 100 objects, with 4 players dynamic body and the rest are static body, I can reduce half of static body, but I do not think it's enough to create instability in fps, I will create 1 new thread and hope you help me