Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Attempting to load Admob interstitial offline crashes iOS app after 60 seconds — Gideros Forum

Attempting to load Admob interstitial offline crashes iOS app after 60 seconds

totebototebo Member
edited August 2014 in Bugs and issues
Again, the meat is in the title. Has anyone seen this before?

1. Load Admob interstitial offline
2. App crashes consistently after 60 seconds without callbacks or errors

I've tried to patch the issue by reloading the Ads("admob") and setting it to nil, both approaches fail.

Help!

:)

Niclas
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• I managed to successfully patch it, but at what cost... :) Read on and weep.

I store the initialized Admob in self.admob.

This code crashes the app after 60 seconds:
    self.admob:loadAd( "interstitial" )
    This code throws Event.AD_FAILED after 60 seconds:
    self.admob:loadAd( "interstitial" )
    self.admob:loadAd( "interstitial" ) -- yes, a second call solves the issue
    I'm not going to try to explain why.
  • @totebo are you using latest AdsInterface version? (It was updated couple of days ago)

There was a bug in Admob library that caused the crash when there was no connectivity.
    The new AdsInterface:
    1) upgraded Admob library which don't have this bug
    2) implemented connectivity check to prevent such bugs in future versions or other ad frameworks

;)
  • Is admob in the current adsinterface updated to use google play services?

https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/play-migration

On 1 August 2014, Google Play will stop accepting new or updated apps using the standalone Google Mobile Ads SDKs v6.4.1 or lower. Upgrade to the Google Play version of the Mobile Ads SDK to take advantage of new features, including automatic updates such as bug fixes.
    Loon Games LinkedIn Facebook Twitter - "Something bit me, gaah!"
  • @ar2rsawseen, no I hadn't updated the AdsInterface. Doing it now, but stuck on a "ld: library not found for -llua" issue in XCode after adding the file.
  • As soon as I add the file "Reachability.m" to my XCode project it fails to compile with a load of errors. Is there a new framework that is required by XCode, or something else I'm overlooking?
  • In answer to my question: Yes, the SystemConfiguration.framework is needed and after I added it XCode it compiles like a good boy again. :)
  • Argh, those frameworks. Most probably I was using library that already required SystemConfiguration

will mention it in the docs