Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Is Gideros for me? — Gideros Forum

Is Gideros for me?

BondBond Member
edited July 2014 in General questions
Hi Everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum and to Gideros, but I've been developing Android games for a while with AppGameKit, but unfortunately AGK isn't adequate for the next game I'm making.
I need to be able to get the current frequency of the microphone input at any given time (think guitar tuner).
AGK doesn't even support microphone input let alone pitch detection (although it's graphics commands/physics commands are #1).

So my question is: Can Gideros do this?
Could I set up a function that can simply be called at any time to get the current microphone frequency?

Looking at the documentation, there's a method SoundChannel:GetPitch (http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/gideros/SoundChannel/getPitch), but that's appears to be getting the current audio file that's playing, not the microphone input.
In addition to this, I'll need comprehensive graphics commands+touch input commands. (ie. the ability to program an interface quickly and easily)
I've looked far and wide for an engine that will do what I want, but haven't managed to find one yet, hopefully Gideros is what I'm looking for :)

Also, if someone could give a code example of it, (assuming it's possible), that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Steven

Comments