Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
I'm trying to use gideros as part of continuous integration on mac and can't register my licence — Gideros Forum

I'm trying to use gideros as part of continuous integration on mac and can't register my licence

AniketAniket Member
edited June 2014 in Bugs and issues
The user in question cannot be logged into with the gui, it has only commandline access. How do I start the gideros licence manager in this state?

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    @Aniket you can login to your Gideros account and go here:
    http://giderosmobile.com/members/license

Here will be instructions of manual license installation, which I think can be done through command line ;)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • AniketAniket Member
    Thanks so much, I'm trying it out right now, this seems like it should work!
  • AniketAniket Member
    @ar2rsawseen I tried this, it didn't work.
    So I'm running gdrexport from a python script, that's started by the apache server on a mac version 10.9.3

Unfortunately the user in question, the user for the apache webserver on mac, _www does not have a standard home folder under /Users.

I tried the following things to make it work:
    1. Creating a standard folder for it under /Users/_www and all the other folders required and dropping the ini file I got from Gideros in here.

2. Creating the .config folder under /Library/WebServer which is supposedly the home of _www according to /etc/password

3. Changed the user and group of the apache server to my own, verified that I can run the script from the same folder, then tried to have the server execute the script.
    In this case I also had the server print the user it was running as and verified that it was running as me.

All these failed with the same error:
    You do not have a license installed. Please run Gideros License Manager.

However, when I run the script through the commandline, it works for me!
    When the server runs, it just fails complaining of a licence not being installed.
  • AniketAniket Member
    @ar2rsawseen I finally got to the root of the issue with the awesome Dtrace.
    I assumed it was not able to locate the licence file, and tried to use dtrace to see where it was looking for the file.

For some reason, when run by the apache server on mac 10.9.3, the php exec module specifically.
    It looks for the ini file in the following places:

/.config/giderosmobile.com/GiderosLicenseManager.ini
    /.config/giderosmobile.com.ini
    /Library/Preferences/Qt/giderosmobile.com/GiderosLicenseManager.ini

Wildly different paths from what I expected.
    Dropping the licence file I received from the link you mentioned, into the last of these paths resulted in gdrexport finally recognizing that it was licensed.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Wow, did not know about Dtrace
    thank you for the note ;)