Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Compiling Admob for iOS using Ads Interface — Gideros Forum

Compiling Admob for iOS using Ads Interface

totebototebo Member
edited June 2014 in Bugs and issues
Hey,

I've spent several hours trying to simply build a Gideros Player for iOS with Admob support through Ads interface. I'm now stuck in an infinite loop where the error is always the same. Here is the lowdown:

1. I'm using a previous XCode project which compiles fine. This build includes three plugins: Ads, twitter.mm and BhSnapshot.
2. I copy the entire project to a new folder. This copy compiles fine.
3. I follow the instructions here to the dot: https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/#ios
4. I get hit by a "clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1" error when I compile.

I have also tried to use the files bundled with Ads interface zip. This produces the same error. I seem to have exhausted Google too.

What is the deal?!

:)

Niclas
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• totebototebo Member
    After a lot of tinkering I got it working.

When I added the AdMob folder to the project, a reference was added to "Library Search Paths" under "Build Settings". This reference seemed correct (no backslashes as others have had issues with).

I removed this entry entirely and on the "$(SRCROOT)/GiderosiOSPlayer/Plugins" entry I changed "non-recursive" to "recursive". Boom, it compiles successfully.

Maybe this helps someone else.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com