Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Auto Complete for Gideros Studio (functions of classes we wrote) — Gideros Forum

Auto Complete for Gideros Studio (functions of classes we wrote)

nelinhonelinho Member
edited May 2014 in General questions
Hello guys,
I was searching about autoComplete on gideros forum and i realized there is no way to do autoComplete with my own functions/methods/classes natively/automatic. (We are developing a kind of MVC framework to Gideros, soon on github too ;) )

So, for now, i am writing a lua script to do that. Course, it's in beginning and have to much to do yet, but i am inviting anyone that has interested about it to contribute on github.

https://github.com/Nelinho/Gacs

Allow me to take this opportunity to ask something, if possible, can you do the list of functions shows up after i type colon ":" ? Actually it appears after i typed colons and 2 letters and sometimes it works well after colons, why it happens?

sorry about my english, it's improving, take it easy dude :D

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Hi @nelinho looks interesting concept, yet I have not been able to test it because I only have my working iMac and was wondering if also this was going to go to Maverick .
  • nelinhonelinho Member
    Yep, it's multiplatform, because it works over lua.
    The main idea is make a scrit in lua to go through all files in gideros project and extract all functions, methods, class names and properties to fill the list of auto-complete of Gideros. This list must to be inserted inside the gideros_annot.api and ever keeping the early reference list.

You will just need install lua enviroment in your iMac and after that, put the files gacs.lua and autocompleteReference.lua inside the same folder where are your Gideros-Project. and run in the terminal this: lua -e "dofile('gacs.lua') tryIt()"

Or you can use the path parameter to set gideros project root folder and destination to the output file.

Interactive mode:
    lua -i gacs.lua

so you can call the function:

@param String - Path to the Gideros project Folder
    @param String - Path + file name to be created (/gideros_annot.api)

runListGenerator(path, destiFileText)

After that, rename it to gideros_annot.api if you didn't so(it could be automatic hahaha) and paste on "gideros instalation"/Resource/

Open gideros studio and start typing your own class name and functions.

The ideia is young yet, but we can make it mature. We just need keep patterns in our classes and the rest will be fine, i just hope so :-? [-O<
  • Ok @nelinho thanks for your feedback!