Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Back but bug — Gideros Forum

Back but bug

jimlevjimlev Member
edited May 2014 in Bugs and issues
after 6 months away from keyboard (and from gideros), I'm surprised to see that my GiderosiOsPlayer app doesn't launch anymore on my iphone...
Is that an iOs7 issue ?

I have only a few seconds of a black screen before returning to the home screen...

(I really hope I'll not have to recreate the ios application because I don't have xCode and iOs licence anymore...) :(
My meditation plan :
SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
🤔

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @jimlev it quite possibly be, lots of changes were on IOS 7
    unfortunately can't tell for sure without crash report, that could be retrieved through xCode.
    Do you remember what version did the Gideros Player have?
  • jimlevjimlev Member
    arf... I don't have anymore xCode (nor a mac) for the crash report.
    And the application starts and quits so quickly that I can't see anything.

In the info screen of the settings app of iOs, it says :

GIDEROSIOSPLAYER
    Version 1.0
    App size : 2.3 Mo

(but I'm not sure that the "1.0" info is credible)
    My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    🤔
    @jimlev
    if you'd join gideros community testflight team, someone (most probably me) can try to build you latest ios player ;)
    http://tflig.ht/1fsg99k
  • this will be available to everybody that joins, right? I don't have a mac but would love to test on my iphone. That sounds awesome!
    (just as long as you dont have to recompile it for every single person ar2.. because I know you are very busy.)
    btw i got a android :D
    “ The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time. ” - Tom Cargill
    @Harrison that is not a service, as there are limitations enforced by apple, but for a pretty please some times we can make exceptions :)
  • jimlevjimlev Member
    @ar2rsawseen
    Ok I have joined the testflight team. Honestly, I'm not sure to be a very active user because I'm not a pro developper. I'm only a hobbyist. But I have had so much pleasure using gideros that I'm very sad when I see my old projects folder and I know that I can't reopen them on my device.
    I do very weird and awfull code but it works. May be the testflight program will help me sharing it and obtain help (and lot of mockeries) to improving it. :S
    My meditation plan :
    🤔
    Accepted Answer
    @jimlev sure no problem, will build a player once I get home to my Mac this evening or tomorrow ;)

@Harrison if you want a player too, you should add your device to testflight so I could get its UDID

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jimlevjimlev Member
    It works !!!
    Thank you a lot, ar2rsawseen !
    My meditation plan :
    🤔