Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
iTunes : Export Compliance? answers? — Gideros Forum

iTunes : Export Compliance? answers?

zoolaxzoolax Member
edited April 2014 in General questions
Since I am using encryption for my images and code.
Are these the right answers ?
Just wanted to be sure.
Thanks
-----
Have you added or made changes to encryption features since your last submission of this app?

yes

Is your app designed to use cryptography or does it contain or incorporate cryptography? (Select Yes even if your app is only utilizing the encryption available in iOS or OS X.)

Yes

Does your app qualify for any of the exemptions provided in Category 5, Part 2 of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations?

yes
-----
www.zoolax.com

Comments

• Hi @zoolax
    Also I did the same than you and I have not had any problems thus.

Would be nice if you would also consult with @Ozapp on this subject, because his app was recently approved by Apple.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @zoolax I would say has, have been giving same answers and had no problems yet :)
  • @ar2rsawseen
    @HubertRonald
    Thanks A bunch:)
    www.zoolax.com
  • Hi!
    I have seen that now Apple has added a new requirement (Prepare for Upload):
    "Advertising Identifier"

Does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?
    The Advertising Identifier (IDFA) is a unique ID for each iOS device and is the only way to offer targeted ads. Users can choose to limit ad targeting on their iOS device.

If your app is using the Advertising Identifier, check your code—including any third-party code—before you submit it to make sure that your app uses the Advertising Identifier only for the purposes listed below and respects the Limit Ad Tracking setting. If you include third-party code in your app, you are responsible for the behavior of such code, so be sure to check with your third-party provider to confirm compliance with the usage limitations of the Advertising Identifier and the Limit Ad Tracking setting.

This app uses the Advertising Identifier to (select all that apply):
    (1) Serve advertisements within the app
    (2) Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement
    (3) Attribute an action taken within this app to a previously served advertisement
    If you think you have another acceptable use for the Advertising Identifier, contact us.

Limit Ad Tracking setting in iOS

I, _____, confirm that this app, and any third party that interfaces with this app, uses the Advertising Identifier checks and honors a user’s Limit Ad Tracking setting in iOS and, when it is enabled by a user, this app does not use Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, in any way other than for “Limited Advertising Purposes” as defined in the iOS Developer Program License Agreement.

Check this link
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22979151/improper-advertising-identifier-idfa-usage

@atilim or @ar2rsawseen
    The gideros's iAd module contravenes any of the above.

Thanks
    Gideros internally does not use Advertising Identifier. Only place where it can be used, are the external frameworks/SDKs, for example ad SDKs. Which must comply with the limitations on their own.

For example, there was an issue with Flurry SDK, when it used Ad ID for some other purposes and all those apps using Flurry were rejected, but then Flurry provided and update that fixed it
  • This means that iAd of Gideros does not contravenes any of the points above. :-?
    P.S. I get dizzy with legal issues and more if they are in English. #-o
  • Hi @atilim and @ar2rsawseen
    I asked about this (a ago month) and I did not have a clear answer

Well my project was reject for this point:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    PLA 3.3.12

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

Please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
    selector: advertisingIdentifier
    framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, please see the nm man page.

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.
    --------------------------------------------------------

I saw this link:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/226187-iOS-Advertising-Identifier-rejection-FAQ

but I don't understand well how I can implement this well if I'm using iAd of Gideros

Please any idea thanks
  • Oh I see this link:
    This topic came since some months ago
  • Somebody has had the same problem (Project reject for PLA 3.3.12) with iAd of Gideros??

Please any ideas are welcome

Thanks
  • Still I'm waiting an answer by Staff of Gideros :-\"
  • Hi again

After digging and googling I found a suggestion for detect who are third party for serve advertising

and well, in Terminal (Mac) I typed:
    grep -r advertisingIdentifier . (the dot at the end is critical)

I got next:

So the problem it's not iAd of Gideros (I'm sorry @atilim and @ar2rsawseen)

My app use Facebook plugin of Gideros (I don't use it of Gideros Labs) and Flurry SDK
    So I saw some forums (out of Gideros) the people what have had this problem, but I feel than your ideas are some gaseous or inaccurate.

Should I remove flurry SDK of my project?
    And with respect Facebook, should I use Facebook of Gideros Lab?, though the problem is with Binary file FacebookSDK.framework/FacebookSDK and this source is provided by Facebook.

I saw here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21574680/app-rejected-because-of-advertisingidentifier-in-facebook-sdk-and-flurry-sdk/22102340#22102340

and too
    https://github.com/facebook/facebook-ios-sdk/issues/583

the people suggestion update FBUtility.m, but this source is in facebook-ios-sdk-master/src/Core and not in FacebookSDK.framework/FacebookSDK so I don't How put this resource in my Xcode project.

I feel it is very hard understand for somebody than doesn't use Objective-C.

Please any suggestion thanks
    TerminalOutput.png
    1722 x 606 - 241K
  • I feel that this is a monologue without feedback :(
  • My game Sweet Madness just passed review and went live today.

It uses Chartboost, InMobi, Heyzap, Facebook SDK (though we implemented all by ourselves and used latest SDKs). In iTunesConnect I declared the use of IDFA and ticked the first two boxes.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/sweet-madness/id735929795
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for your reply @phongtt

Yeah! your game is pretty nice (I repeat my last comment about it) and it has many characteristics and I understand than your team and you had work too hard in this app.

In my case I'm making another app which is more simple than your nice app and my project too (Bow Sailboat)

Basically this app has the game center for the leaderboard and an option to post to your wall of FB, your scores.

So, I only wanna know how I can find a solution for Facebook SDK because this aspect generated my reject.

If you ( @phongtt) have any ideas how I can solve this question, a lot thanks. :)>-
  • One quick solution in my opinion is that you can make your app display ads then it should pass review (unless you don't want to have ads for this game)
    edited May 2014
    Hi @phongtt thanks again
    I'm using iAd of Gideros plugin for display ads. On the other hand Facebook plugin hasn't a method for display ads :-?? I don't see it in documentation of Gideros
  • What I meant is, from my understanding, in your case:

Facebook + iAd + They don't see your app displaying ads ==> conclusion: the use of IDFA is not used for displaying ads purpose.

Are you sure there are visible ads in your game?
    edited May 2014
    Sorry @HubertRonald there have been a long holiday in my country (from 1st of May) :)
    But now I'm here

I've read lots of forum posts and angry tweets about it. In many combinations:
    Selected has IDFA, but does not actually has it
    Selected does not have IDFA, but has it
    Selected has IDFA, but does not use it

All of them rejected.

Problem is, there is no normal way for the end developer to understand which frameworks use it and how.

My app using iad, admob and chartboost and flurry was approved just last night with same selection as @phongtt

From your own answer from apple, they say, that iad does not use IDFA, so please check if you have AdSupport framework included in the project, and if yes, do you remember why did you include it there? You can remove it and see if anything breaks.

And if it works without it, don't forget to select that your app does not use IDFA (upon submission to apple)

Also there was recently (less than a month ago) problem with Flurry, that it was using IDFA for identification and all apps using that flurry SDK was rejected because it was not used for advertising purposes. Since then Flurry released their new SDK version, that fixes the issue.
    edited May 2014
    Hi @phongtt and @ar2sawsween sorry I delayed to respond by the time difference. (I was sleeping)

Are you sure there are visible ads in your game?
    Yes these are visible

please check if you have AdSupport framework included in the project, and if yes, do you remember why did you include it there? You can remove it and see if anything breaks.
    I don't know why Apple put it in your reply because I don't use any of these sources

I've read lots of forum posts and angry tweets about it. In many combinations:
    Selected has IDFA, but does not actually has it...

All of them rejected....

From your own answer from apple, they say, that iad does not use IDFA...
    I think I should not select: "my app uses IDFA" because the iAd not use it and it's the only thing that will display ads, also I see that neither you nor @phongtt, have used fb sdk so I will remove it. maybe when I will decide launch an update of my app, I can consider add it to my app.

If you ( @ar2sawsween and @phongtt) have some suggestion with regarding to my comment, a lot thanks for your reply.
    edited May 2014
    @phongtt I know that version current 3.14 of FB SDK is using dynamic classes so if you didn't add:

class: ASIdentifierManager
    selector: advertisingIdentifier
    framework: AdSupport.framework

FB SDK will work "fine" (ie your app will not be rejected) without these. (But I haven't tested this in an app approved, so I can't guarantee this.)

I believe than my reject was (like @ar2rsawseen said) because I selected: "my app uses IDFA" though the iAd does not use it.

I've wrote to App Review Team and I've indicated the above and I will wait your reply too, to see if my reject was because I chose IDFA when my app really doesn't use it.

Thanks again for your time @phongtt
    @HubertRonald yes this is true, about FB
    thus as I asked, also check if you really do not have the AdSupport.framework included, simply by going through the list of frameworks in:
    Build Phases > Link Binary With Libraries
    edited May 2014
    @ar2rsawseen In fact, I haven't this source (AdSupport.framework) added to my project
    So I believe than I have two options (If I'm thinking have FB SDK and Flurry in my project):

If I don't use these sources (FB and Flurry) and only iAd plugin, I believe than I must select option 2

But any suggestions are welcome

----------------
    Note: my project was reject because I selected "yes" and I selected all square (these are four)
    Options.png
    711 x 443 - 203K
  • App Review Team reply my question

I've wrote to App Review Team and I've indicated the above and I will wait your reply too, to see if my reject was because I chose IDFA when my app really doesn't use it.
    and they said to me:

So it seems that option 2 is no longer viable because the ads are shown with iAd plugin

I believe I must not use FB SDK and FLURRY and I believe must be choose the option 1
    If someone can give me a guidance thank you very much

ReplayAppReviewTeam.png
    870 x 180 - 26K
    I think you can use FB and Flurry SDK

As they won't be using IDFA, because if they would, they would crash, because you did not include AdSupport.framework

So if your app runs without AdSupport.framework, submit it as is, and select No, your app does not use IDFA
  • Thanks for your reply @ar2rsawseen

Only I've a doubt if I select NO (my app doesn't use IDFA) Could I have a problem with this (iAd)?:

http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/plugin/iad#iad

Thank again for your time
    No, I don't think so, as they stated themselves, iad does not use IDFA, so why there should be a problem?
    edited May 2014
    Thanks @ar2rsawseen, but sometimes I feel that people respond sometimes as a lawyer (neither yes nor no, because they have to watch what they say and I understand it) and if it is already quite difficult to understand such responses in Spanish (my native language) you can imagine how it goes with English LOL =))

I going to try this
    Have a good day :)>-
    :)) ok that makes sense,

well English is not my native language also (am from Latvia), so some times things get lost in translation and I also have hard time to deliver information I really mean to tell :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
    edited May 2014