Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Hello from Australia — Gideros Forum

Hello from Australia

wbowlingwbowling Member
edited April 2014 in Introduce yourself
Hi all, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to everyone here :-h

I've been working as a Java developer (and now Scala) in Tasmania for about 5 years, and have started messing around with mobile development on the side as a bit of a hobby. Tasmania is the island under Australia in case you were wondering ;)

Started with Cocos2D and SpriteBuilder as I had worked with Objective-C before, but I really wanted something that would also work well with android (I know there is apportable but it't not quite the same).

Spent a couple of weeks looking through and trying all of the sdks and development engines I could find to see what fit my criteria of:
* cross-platform
* active community
* extensible
* good feature set
* fit my low budget (it's a hobby remember)
* ideally using known/proven language

I had almost given up of finding something without having to pay a large amount up front until I stumbled upon Gideros which finally ticked all these boxes! Why it was so hard to find I don't know, must have been looking in the wrong places.

After playing around with Gideros I decided it was what I wanted to use and have been working through the provided guides and tutorials. I also bought "Gideros Mobile Game Development" by @ar2rsawseen which has been a fantastic intro into learning and managing Gideros, highly recommended if you haven't read it already!

Anyway that's the end of my rambling, I'm sure you'll be seeing me around here asking questions when I get stuck :)

Cheers,
Will

Comments