Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Chartboost or Admob? — Gideros Forum

Chartboost or Admob?

DiscipleDisciple Member
edited April 2014 in General questions
In your experience, do you think one of these platforms is better than the other? Both in terms of monetizing and in the look of the ads.

I see Admob interstitials aren't that compelling and that's why I considered using Chartboost.

Comments

• Hi there!

Chartboost and Admob have 2 completely different approaches. Chartboost is games-only platform which guarantees that the content is going to be relevant to the user. It is also a closed environment which offers full transparency and control to the developers. Plus the interstitials look great! (attaching a couple of examples). Last but not least, we are launching video for games! :)

Let me know if you have any questions: pepe@chartboost.com
    Fluik Promoting TinyCo..jpg
    1200 x 800 - 339K
  • In my experience, Chartboost have a very little ads provided, so it always deliver Ad Failed to receive, especially on Android (This also depends on the country, i think).

The best thing is that you utilize both, so if you get Ad Failed from Chartboost, you display Admob, or any choice that you think is good.

You might also chain them with any others ads provider until you got Ad Received :-?
  • I personally HIGHLY recommend Chartboost interstitials on iOS. They have made me FAR more money than any other ad providers. My eCPM is around 7$ given that I have a high (50%) CTR. The Android situation is not as good but still solid, about 1.5$ eCPM.

AdMob also performed well for me on iOS and alright on Android but you HAVE to be careful with AdMob. Last week my AdMob account was disabled due to "invalid activity" and after I submitted an appeal they said they could not reinstate my account or give me a specific reason why my account was being revoked. I am still clueless as to what I did wrong. Luckily only 10% of my earnings were from AdMob so it wasn't a big hit but I suggest being very careful with Google.

Hope that helps ;)
  • For me Chartboost ecpm is extremely low. On Android it is 0.79$, For 448 clicks last day i earn 2,45$. Admob will give me more then 8$ for that amount of clicks.
  • @unlying I think my high eCPM with Chartboost is due to having a very high CTR of 50%. My game is fast paced, and users always immediately spam the restart button at the end of a level and happen to click the interstitial (Every 10 games) very often because of that. It works amazingly with Chartboost because the CB interstitial actually registers touch events as the ad is transitioning onto the screen (Before showing completely) resulting in an even higher CTR.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    At first there was some problems with chartboost but now it seems to work great and for me, for now gives more than admob on Android (most probably it depends on the country of your userbase - have a lots of US based players)

But basically yes, falling back to admob interstitial is an awesome way to ensure you get best form both worlds
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @PepeAgell I have a question for you :)

Wanted to try custom frames and all the examples I see usually say something like: Try it for Free, or as posted in your screen, Did someone say Free app?

So does it mean that only free app can be promoted on chartboost? As in can I rely on the fact that the app promote will always be free? Or it is mostly based on the majority of the market?
  • Thanks to all for your valuable feedback! I think that is a great solution, to have Chartboost for interstitials and if the ad is not delivered then rely on AdMob. Also I like Chartboost ads more.

@anaximov when you mention only 10% of your earnings come from AdMob, the other 90% comes from Chartboost or do you use other options that yield better results for you?
  • @ar2rsawseen Thanks for your question! The majority of our games are free to play and have In-App purchases. That's because this model lowers the barriers of entry for users and increases monetization when users are highly engaged.

That said, we still accept paid games if they run CPC (cost per click) campaigns.
    Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm always available at pepe@chartboost.com