Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
IDE Questions. — Gideros Forum

IDE Questions.

edited March 2014 in General questions
Hi, I'm new to Gideros and it looks really good so far. There is one dark spot on the Horizon - the IDE. I have a Mac running OSX and large chunks of it basically don't seem to work. For example :

- Cmd - shrinks the text but Cmd + doesn't make it larger again.
- Cmd/Tab doesn't work at all.

Nor should Cmd/Tab work because that's the app switch. This might be because I have a non-numeric keypad UK keyboard. (Python is horribly annoying because you have to type ALT-3 to get a hash)

Of course, the IDE isn't the begin all and end all of it. It does make you wonder about Mac support a bit. How reliable is building iOS/Android apps on a Mac ; or do most people use Windows ?

Comments

• Hi @paulscottrobson welcome to Gideros

First I was working in my app in windows, but after in Mac, It is necessary because you have to sign your code in Xcode. Also if you want test app in your device (iphone, ipad or ipod) with Gideros wifi (player local host) you need install GIOSPlayer.xcodeproj in your device with Xcode.

I know there is another forms (review this post http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/4355/why-does-gideros-my-balance#Item_20)
    and @SinisterSoft can give you more information about it.

Well, make an app in android with Mac I still don't try it so I can't give information about it, but I beleive than you wouldn't have any problem because the source code can also be transported for android.

On the other hand I have not had problem with:

- Cmd - shrinks the text but Cmd + doesn't make it larger again.
    - Cmd/Tab doesn't work at all.
    Maybe you have some install than generate some conflict kind, I don't know. :-?

I hope I've helped and welcome again. :)>-
  • Thanks for replying. I think it might be internationalisation. I'm British, and have a UK Mac and a small keyboard (no numeric keypad) - there is no '+' key, just a '+/=' key and I wonder if this is why - it thinks the + key is actually the equals key :).

I tried ZeroBrain IDE which looks good and that had similar problems with command keys.

Cmd/Tab is weird, because this is the app switching command on a Mac.

The good news is that I've got it working from Sublime Text 2 (had this before) and this seems to work excellently.

Looks very good. The thing with the direct download over Wifi is brilliant :) I can see why Devs like this.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook