Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Stack Overflow — Gideros Forum

Stack Overflow

incipientincipient Member
edited March 2014 in Bugs and issues
Hi All!

If I run into a stack overflow problem such as this, do you want more details on it, or should I just debug and keep moving?
"[string "property.lua"]:59: stack overflow"

Generally I thought that these type of errors wanted to be "hidden" to gideros users (that is, errors in gideros files). This is the top level error.

Thanks,
Inci

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    @incipient last time I saw this error it was due to Gideros class system update and using older GCE, that made constructor loop between internal constructor and pseudo constructor

But mostly this kind of errors are user generated and not fully Gideros related (maybe more a misuse then a bug :) )

But any pointers as to what is happening are great, so please do post :)
  • Haha yes it was my misuse, not a bug with Gideros. I was just curious if Gideros was meant to give a different error instead of this "generic" and "outside-of-Gideros" error.

It was caused by an odd bit of circular reference.

Class A inherited from Class B, but Class B created an instance of Class A internally...so it got very messy, very quickly!

Thanks for the response @ar2rsawseen...super quick as always!