Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Developer approaching game development — Gideros Forum

Developer approaching game development

devfujidevfuji Member
edited March 2014 in Introduce yourself
Hi guys! I'm Alex!
I develop by more than 10 years (.net, php and other languages) but only since few weeks i'm approaching game development for a personal project.
I've read about many frameworks (wow, there are a lot!) but i'm still wondering if Gideros is what i need.
I hope you can understand my confusion as i would really like a solution that give me full control over the game while at the same time give me the best learning curve and facilitations to create my first game as soon as possible... I know that I'm asking for for 2 opposite things but this are my feelings at the moment.

Good posting!

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Well it is really much easier to develop with Gideros than native development, and on the other hand there is an option to create plugins and modify exported project (android or ios) as you want further.

We try to provide the balance between these two opposites, so give it a chance and try out :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited March 2014
    I have more than 10 years development too in java, web, J2EE, python... and I developed my first version of Arkamania game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.jdbc.arkamania in just a month and part of time was level design and optimization.
    I did not know Lua and it took me about a week to learn Lua programming and Gideros basic.

I have evaluated myself some other Lua frameworks: Corona, Moai, and Cocos2d-x but they have more problems than advantages, so I decided to use Gideros.

• Thanks for your contributions!
    I'm starting to learn LUA in the free time, and it seems to me easier than i was expecting the first day. Also the Gideros platform is starting to become more clear to me.
    Anyway i think you focus on a slightly better documentation as i thing there is a little initial step in the learning curve.

Also, i'm wondering if Gideros+LUA will allow me to write about-complex game algorythm that perform about like native games. My curent project won't make anything strange, but will use particles and generation/destroy of level-objects at level-runtime.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @devfuji well with LuaJIT it should be close to native