Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
I'm stuck at the keytool signing step — Gideros Forum

I'm stuck at the keytool signing step

flyhereflyhere Member
edited March 2014 in General questions
After getting my basic app to work in Gideros, I'm going through the steps to publish it. I've done the following steps successfully after a lot of messing around and many hours of online searching for info (it would be useful to have a step-by-step list somewhere!:
- Downloaded and installed ADT Bundle, copied JDK7 to Eclipse folder
- Exported project from Gideros and imported into Eclipse
- Defined virtual device in Eclipse, ran project in emulator;
- I also prepared icons, screenshots, etc.

Now the next step appears to be signing the app, but first I must generate a key using keytool. Now I'm stuck after spending hours reading up. Would appreciate any info.

I found this but not sure what it's saying.
Before you begin, make sure that the Keytool utility and Jarsigner utility are available to the SDK build tools. Both of these tools are available in the JDK. In most cases, you can tell the SDK build tools how to find these utilities by setting your JAVA_HOME environment variable so it references a suitable JDK. Alternatively, you can add the JDK version of Keytool and Jarsigner to your PATH variable.

In Eclipse, I right-clicked the project, select Android Tools > export signed project
then a window opened: Use existing keytool/Create new keytool
Both asked for a location (for the keystore path), but clicking on browse goes nowhere

What am I looking for here? Would appreciate any pointers here, the docs are just very confusing.

Thanks

PS. How do I associate my launch icon with the app? The emulator just ran without me having to launch.

Comments

• petecpetec Member
    I think this is what I did:

When you select create a new keytool in eclipse you need to choose a folder to save it in and give it a file name. Then you follow the instructions on screen, setting and confirming a password. On the next screen you will have to choose a name for a key, set another password of your choice, choose a length for the validity of the certificate (I usually do 50 years on the grounds that I'll be dead before then!) and enter your name and any other info you want to. Then it should let you choose a folder to save your apk which you will have to name.
  • Thanks petec. I finally figured it out. Android documentation are long-winded but not very practical and send you in circles.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook