Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
My game using Box2D is hell crashy - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

My game using Box2D is hell crashy

2»

Comments

• @john26

I wonder too :P

I wish I had time to get their free software version to read the source.

But one thing to note is that they had minimal animations, and low resolution, many adventure games still use less resolution than what the device allows, and they animate only what is absolutely necessary, sometimes a sprite is composed of several drawings, so you have to animate only parts of it (for example only the mouth when the character is talking and not doing anything else).

But although this is enough to convey to adults what is going on, to kids it is bad, kids are not interested in the story, they are interested in the animations by themselves.
    I make games for children: http://www.kidoteca.com
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    edited March 2014
    That's true, but I think the SCUMM engine was also used for Humongous Entertainment games which tended to involve full screen animation (or at least BIG sprites with bespoke animations, not just translation, rotation of "limbs"). My kids used to love these games including Putt Putt and Pajama Sam... Still it's great you are creating point and click games with Gideros!