Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Starting again.. — Gideros Forum

Starting again..

ArtLeeAppsArtLeeApps Member
edited February 2014 in General questions
Hi,

Im very stumped at the moment, i need some guidance please.

- As you know I've moved from the Window 7 (Android) to a new Mac.
- i have installed Gideros (of course)
- i will be paying for the licence within days (so I can get to the new toys/Plugins)
- I want to get my old original game working on this machine first, so i have a starting point (it was originally working in Android.)
- I know most of the Plug-ins have been improved as in Facebook and Google In App purchases (i used both)
- i want to get to a point where i have (Gideros/Eclipse/Xcode) all installed and happy.

This is what i thinking: (please correct me)
- Install Gideros
- Install Eclipse for Mac (standard)
- Install the SDK etc for eclipse
- I need to setup the KeyStore again (new Key#?) Which means if i release another version it won't update the existing installs?

But:
- if i have Lua code for the Facebook login (will i need to change/improve that) as now Gideros has this built into the main code ?
- Also the same for Google Inapp Version 3 ?

I feel this could be lots of work :(

- ill leave the Xcode building until i get back to a point i can build an android apk.

This i the dump from my head.
Any suggestions please..

Comments

• I need to setup the KeyStore again (new Key#?) Which means if i release another version it won't update the existing installs?

--------> no your old key works here also so you are able to update your existing apps on market.

if i have Lua code for the Facebook login (will i need to change/improve that) as now Gideros has this built into the main code ?
    -----> your old code will most probably work how ever if you go with newer one that would be good

• jdbcjdbc Member
    edited February 2014
    You can use the same keystore, just copy the file to new Mac.

I think it will take you about two days, try to convert your source code to Unicode (UTF-8) for avoiding internal coding problems. I am not sure what coding is using Gideros by default.

I have two computers with Gideros for avoid those problems: Linux (Wine) and Mac, sharing source code via bitbucket and git. For Android Linux + Eclipse + SDK

I can use both computers for programming the same game.
  • Thank you @hgvyas123 and @jdbc, at least those parts will be better than i thought.

Going well so far:
    - got GIderos player to run my game, had to re add a couple of classes, some audio files etc.
    - downloaded eclipse/ADT installing that now.

Feeling more confident now, it was good to see the game running on the mac :)

ive got teamviewer setup, so i can start downloads and installs while im at work :))

Thank yous.
  • ArtLeeAppsArtLeeApps Member
    edited February 2014
    I just became a real boy, just bought my first Indie Licence \m/ \:D/ =D> :-B

**** even thought the exchange rate for Australia turned out to be $160.40

...now to look at Facebook, inapp, and ads interface :)