Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Greetings and Questions — Gideros Forum

Greetings and Questions

DiscipleDisciple Member
edited February 2014 in General questions
I wanted to say hi to everyone! I'm new both on Gideros and in this forum, and I'm liking the platform a lot so far. I come from Flash so I'm finding Gideros to be a very understandable platform to work in, and the fact that I can publish for both iOS and Android makes it even more awesome! I've been checking the forums to solve a lot of doubts but haven't posted.

So, I also wanted to ask a few questions, too. First: I'm noticing that there are some situations where colons are used (most of the time) but then I find that there are also dots used, mostly inside classes. So I wanted to know when should I use one or the other?

Second, since I'm used to Flash, I worked with a certain layout for coding (regarding the colors of the different identifiers). I notice there's not an option to change those in Gideros so I wanted to know if there's some other tool I can use only to code the lua files. I know it's no big deal but I might be a weirdo who likes a black background and green words :P If there's no such thing I think I'll survive, though. Thanks in advance!

Comments