Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Multi-channel volume issue on OSX Player — Gideros Forum

Multi-channel volume issue on OSX Player

edited February 2014 in Bugs and issues
(Seen in version 2013.09.1 as well as 2014.01)

Yesterday, I was looking in to creating a gameplay video for a project I'm working on and noticed a problem with the sound effects in Gideros Player on the Mac. The game has continuous, ambient background noise played at varying levels of volume. Most of the time, the volume is set low. If, however, I play a short sound on top of it, the volume of the ambient sound will increase temporarily, until the new sound stops. I'm using OSX Mavericks. This problem doesn't show up on Windows.

Full disclosure: I recently installed iShowU, a video-capturing program that installed extra software called "soundflower" in order to enable the recording of system audio. It required a reboot, so I'm assuming it must have tweaked something at the driver level. I'm pretty sure I was having a problem before this as well, but I'm not positive. In any case, I uninstalled soundflower, rebooted, and tried it again with the same result.

Comments