Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
New version: Gideros 2014.01 - Page 3 — Gideros Forum

New version: Gideros 2014.01

13»

Comments

• any news about a (bugfix) release? when can we expect it? i'm holding back a big update of my app (since a month) because i need a bug fixed (the one when i try to save a too a file which is too big and the app crashes).
  • PlatypusPlatypus Member
    edited June 2014
    Bug Report: Gideros Studio for Mac, Version 2014.01:

1) Typing 'pi' brings up a code hint that seems to suggest 'pi' is a reserved word (already assigned value) in Gideros (which seems reasonable enough). Also, the code hint/autocompletion for 'math.pi' is missing from the list of suggestions, further suggesting to the user that the word 'pi' should be used instead of 'math.pi' in Gideros. Unfortunately, 'pi' hasn't actually been assigned. It is 'nil'.

2) As I said earlier this week, Command Minus works, but Command Plus hasn't been configured. Please, please fix it (I have a feeling I initially mentioned this bug about a year ago). Just like its equivalent shortcut (Control Plus) on Microsoft Windows, Command Plus should increase the font size.

Thanks in advance. I hope you are all well.
    Kate's Catalogue of Travelling Theatre Centres :
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
  • Bug Report: Gideros Studio for Mac, Version 2014.01:

3) When a new version is installed, it doesn't boot up correctly the first time. It hangs indefinitely. Only after one (forced) quitting does it boot up and behave normally.
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
  • @Ar2rsawseen or @Atilim if he is available,

If you can spare a moment, would you mind typing a brief response to the above Mac bug reports? I'm sure Bug 1 and Bug 2 would be easy to fix.

Thanks, guys.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hello @Platypus ;)

1) I think the same goes for every method or constant with auto completion, it can't check the type of object it is attached, to it would require much deeper code analysis, or I misunderstood anything?

2) Yes, this GUI IDE behavior part, depends on the third party software used to create IDE, we will be upgrading to new version, so hopefully it fixes some issue, in the case of the zooming, have no idea why one works, but other not, for some users. Because for others it seems to work. Maybe something depends on the type of keyboard?
    What other shortcut it could be attached to?

3) I have similar problem on Windows first bootup crashes, and it turned out to be due to my antivirus program, trying to run it in the sandbox, so after adding it to antivirus exception list, the problem fade away
  • keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited June 2014
    @ar2rsawseen,
    considering that desktop export is probably at least 2 releases away,
    i again make a humble request to have a 'fullscreen' view or version of the desktop player. it could just make full screen the window and put the active area centered.
    we are having a lot of struggles how to use my drawing app on live performances on pc/mac and so far the best is to use bluestacks, but that makes everything slower and less stable and there still is the annoying android bar on the bottom.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @Ar2rsawseen, thanks for your reply.

The Short Version:

1) Please add 'math.pi' to the autocomplete menu.
    Everything else is there.

2) Please report the Command Plus bug to Qt.
    Command Minus is useless by itself.

3) Perhaps the initial launch problem is worth correcting.
    New users would be put off.

Thanks.
    ================================

The Long Version:

1) I was using Gideros Studio (on Mac) and typing the word 'pixel'. I got as far as 'pi', then the autocomplete menu popped up, suggesting 'pi - value "3.1415926535898" '.

I thought that was cool. Having 'pi' as a reserved word with a preassigned value seemed like a good idea. I thought I'd quickly check to see if the standard Lua 'math.pi' was also available for use within Gideros. So, I typed 'mat' and the alphabetically ordered autocomplete list read as follows:
    math.max
    math.min
    math.pow
    math.rad

- No 'math.pi' - which seemed to indicate that 'math.pi' had been replaced with 'pi' in Gideros.

The truth, of course, is quite the opposite:
    'math.pi' works but 'pi' doesn't.

2) I use the standard Mac keyboard. Command Plus works in all other software.

3) The launching problem for each new version always disappears* after one failed launch on my computer too, but I am someone who already loves and trusts Gideros. Sceptical new users, on the other hand, might get nervous and delete it. This hanging first launch (perhaps also a Qt problem) doesn't occur with any other software I buy or download.

(*which is why I keep forgetting to report it!)
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Why not local pi,max,min,pow,rad=math.pi,math.max,math.min,math.pow,math.rad at the beginning of your code?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • PlatypusPlatypus Member
    edited June 2014
    Why not local pi,max,min,pow,rad=math.pi,math.max,math.min,math.pow,math.rad at the beginning of your code?
    That's a nice idea
    ...but first, the user needs to know that 'math.pi' exists in Gideros.

My point was that the current omission of 'math.pi' from the autocomplete suggestions is misleading to the user. Since 'math.[everything else]' pops up when the user types as far as 'mat', and since a suggestion simply for 'pi' pops up (at least on my computer) when the user starts to type any word like 'pixel', 'pick' or 'pit', Gideros constantly suggests to the user that 'pi' already exists in Gideros (and, due to its absence, 'math.pi' doesn't).

I think 'math.pi' should be added to the autocomplete list between 'math.min' and 'math.pow'.