Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Fortumo Experiences — Gideros Forum

Fortumo Experiences

bmlbml Member
edited December 2013 in General questions
I'd like to target emerging markets for my game which means getting into the smaller app stores. My game uses IAPs and Fortumo seems like a good solution. I do find it odd that Fortumo lists Amazon and Samsung as supported app stores when they both have their own IAP APIs.

Has anyone been successful with Fortumo?
Is anyone using the Fortumo (alpha) IAB interface?
Any issues or problems?

Thanks,
bml

Comments

• @bml I think @phongtt from Guava7 shared experience with Fortumo. I remember there were some kind of problems due to antivirus programs etc, don't know if that has been solved or not.
    But in IAB interface, unfortunately I did not get my account approved to test it. Must be something lost in the process, I did not check lately, but will try again in new year.
  • In the past I encountered these 2 big issues:

+ Users usually don't trust a game that has "SMS send/receive" permissions. But you can try to explain it in the app description.
    + Antivirus program warns about suspected code. Fortumo already solved that.

So I've been using Fortumo since then. Besides Fortumo, we have Paypal payment with a pretty smooth web payment flow, quite convenient for users (we have done implementing Paypal native SDK and will change to this for next games). I will also open a bank account in the US soon for Google Wallet :D

Reg. Fortumo, we implemented the plugin ourselves, it's pretty simple.