Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Updates! — Gideros Forum

Updates!

zakkwyldezakkwylde Member
edited January 2012 in Suggestions & requests
Hi,

Gideros is great and I am impressed so far with your current solution for developing cross platform.

However I would like to see more updates to show that something is happening in the 'Gideros world'.

I believe you used to have a weekly updates?

Other items.
1. IDE - code highlighting. e.g I like the look of sublime text 2
2. IDE - code formatting
3. or if these take to long. Some sort of command line access to launch the player from a third party editor

Your IDE provides a great benefit to other solutions, if just needs more work.

Cheers

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Hi Zakk,

Last week was extraordinary for us - I was out of work for a few days, and Atilim & Deniz had to spend time for non-technical things. Let me write down what happened last week:

- We've written a part of OpenGL stack, which makes it very easy to write plugins.
    - TTF fonts are introduced - now you can easily show any TTF font to the stage. This will be available in the final release.
    - We started our book "Ultimate Guide to Gideros Studio" - you can have a draft preview of who's doing what here: http://giderosmobile.com/DevCenter/index.php?title=Ultimate_Guide_to_Gideros_Studio (Still very incomplete, but gives an idea)
    - Last week we heard about 3 more new games made with Gideros Studio :)

We do love Sublime Text editor and we try to implement some of its features. Currently these are on our top priority list:

- Function/class navigation
    - On the fly syntax checking
    - Debugger

Best
    Gorkem

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    ... And - we are targeting to release our next version by February, 7th, during a very big gaming event in Germany.

B-)
  • Thanks Gorkem. :D