Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Mfi game controllers - Support in Gideros? — Gideros Forum

Mfi game controllers - Support in Gideros?

MellsMells Guru
edited September 2013 in General questions
Hi,

a few Mfi controllers appear here and there (Logitech) and I wanted to know if the team :
  • has plans to support those controllers
  • is that a 3 months / 6 months / 12 months plan
  • have any kind of experiments started already?
Thanks,
and have a nice day.

(headed to TGS)
twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited September 2013 Accepted Answer
    Yes currently I'm collecting controllers to implement Generic Controller plugin, or system independent controller interface.
    I need to release big update to ads interface, then to iab interface and then I'll get onto the controllers.
    I have ouya, moga and will also include xbox and ps3 controller, gamestick is also ordered, and ios controller support will be added, once I can get my hands on one ;)

If any one already knows about any mfi released controller that we can purchase, give us a hint :)
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited September 2013
    Not released yet but promising :
    - GameCase (you can sign up to be notified when released)
    On touchArcade : The GameCase is officially the first ios7 controller to be unveiled

What Game Controllers mean

This extends possibilities beyond the obvious.

Let me dream :
    I load a game on my iPad. I activate the airplay functionality.
    The image is on my big tv screen.
    I link my gamePad to play on my tv screen.
    Ok, that's straightforward thinking.

But if I could use multiple stages... the ipad could display a different image than the one on tv (inventory) or be used to allow a second player to interact with the main stage (draw or move platforms for the First player, for example).
    Like in Rayman Legends Wii U?

waaaaaaa....

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook