Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
License limitation... — Gideros Forum

License limitation...

unlyingunlying Guru
edited August 2013 in Bugs and issues
I have a PC with Windows and Macbook with OSX. I install windows on macbook as second system. I want to use Gideros on all systems. BUT!

"There are already 2 authorized computers with this account. You must deauthorize one of the other computers to authorize this one. Or you can deauthorize all of your computers."

1. When i bought license there wasn't anything about this limitation.
2. I'm using it on 2 COMPUTERS!
3. Even if you are so... funny... Why not let use community license? Because i can't export project and i'm not happy with that.

So?

Dislikes: DRS

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2013
    1) true, I remember it was mentioned on the old site, but probably nothing about it is mentioned on the new one, will fix that
    2) But you ARE able to use it on 2 computers (in specific set of configuration of using one OS per computer :) ), either way I don't think restating message for OS instead of computers will make you happier
    3) That is actually a good idea, but unfortunately the current solution is hardcoded and is hard to change. Will take a note of it in future and see if it is possible or not.
    But will it still suit you, exporting as free user from one of the OSes?
    If yes you can create another community account and authorize Gideros Studio with it.

Well my suggestions would be to:
    1) Deauthorize one of the OSes and use the one you want to use now, and reauthorize other one again when you use it
    2) OR develop app in any Gideros installation, but use one specific (or even 2 specific OSes) for exporting (at least thats what I think most of Studios are doing).
    3) OR as mentioned above create another free account and authorize with it

Limitation was really meant as an anti-piracy action (because instead it would be enough to share one single Gideors installation with the license in torrents for example) and it was deemed that 2 computers (MacOSX - usually for IOS and Windows) was enough for each user. And you know how with those anti-piracy practices are, the client is always the one suffering.
  • To me it makes more sense to not put any limits, but track abuses, if some license is getting used over and over and over again across all over the planet, then you revoke it, and also you can figure who was the original buyer and investigate if he is a pirate, or unwittingly helped a pirate.
    I make games for children: http://www.kidoteca.com
  • Well for now we are not tracking the usage and any statistics of the software, but yes most probably it make sense to collect such data.
  • Ok. Thanks! Great solution!