Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
If you want to support Japanese are a language, where to translate? — Gideros Forum

If you want to support Japanese are a language, where to translate?

MikeHartMikeHart Guru
edited July 2013 in Game & application design
Hi folks,

I want to support the japanese market with a localized version of a game. So I wonder, if
you do the same, where did you went to get a translation for it? Is google translator reliable?

Comments

• tkhnomantkhnoman Member
    edited July 2013 Accepted Answer
    Google translate is not really reliable for sentences, but if you understand the basic of Japanese, it would good enough as a translator.

If it's just for menu and such, i think it is reliable enough.

You might want to try this:
    http://ackuna.com/developers/home
    (But i didn't use it, i just know it from my co-worker)
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    I think @Platypus mentioned knowing Japanese, but do not know how good he is at it :)
  • Hi, Mike.

I'll do it for 200,00 € * (or less, if the game is very small).

I will translate in-game language (including any language embedded in artwork**) and the description for the iOS and Android app shops. I won't just do a quick, thoughtless translation - I will do my very best to maximise your sales (or downloads) by exciting and intriguing potential customers (or users).

To anyone else who might be interested in this service:

I will also provide a standard English version at no extra cost. The standard English version will be appropriate for use in every native-English-speaking country in the world, except the one where a gentleman named Noah Webster deliberately altered the spelling that was taught to children. (I will do a version for that country too, if you like.)

This offer is open to anyone who wants to maximise their success in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Wales, etc.

Here are some examples:
    "faucet" => "tap"
    "fries" => "chips"
    "co##r" => "colour"
    "ce####" => "centre"
    "store" => "shop"
    "trave#ing" => "travelling"

* or 26000 yen; or A$285.00

** I have Photoshop and Illustrator, so feel free to send original art files.

Kate's Catalogue of Travelling Theatre Centres :
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thank Platypus, will keep that in mind.
  • Just for the record, someone told me about Gengo too.

http://gengo.com/

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook