Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Blend mode problems — Gideros Forum

Blend mode problems

kontinyukontinyu Member
edited March 2013 in General questions
Hi,
I'm trying to create day/night changing game.
To emulate "night" i'm creating a %90 opacity full black sprite -given "multiply"-, and for lighted areas i'm leaving "bright" areas on this sprite so it looks like enlighted. This "nightsprite" is attached below. My problem with this way i can only have 1 light. I mean i cant get any other sprite to light my scene. because if i put another sprite event if it's full white it won't show what is underneath it. because the next sprite under it has full black with opacity. so i cant see anything under "nightsprite" and that leaves me with only 1 lightsource. My nightshade runsaround with my player. But i need other sources.
Is there any way around this?
Basicly, i need a moon!
light.png
1920 x 1080 - 68K
jnk.png
634 x 332 - 147K

Dislikes: kpob

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• MellsMells Guru
    edited March 2013
    @kontinyu
    Unless there are some workarounds that I'm not aware of yet, what you need are masks, which are not available in Gideros yet but might come with the support of OpenGL2.0.
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • @kontinyu
    Unless there are some workarounds that I'm not aware of yet, what you need are masks, which are not available in Gideros yet but might come with the support of OpenGL2.0.
    Actually i have 1 workaround but it's inefficient as hell :)
    My IDEA(Not tested)
    -- When in night mode instead of putting a shade all over the scene, i could make darker images for all scene objects, and then add as many lightsources as i want over them with sprite blend mode multiply. But this is near impossible. Because it will need double app size and very heavy on the fly texture changing etc.....
    :]

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook