Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
work in Gideros player, crash after deployment — Gideros Forum

work in Gideros player, crash after deployment

jimlevjimlev Member
edited March 2013 in General questions
Hello !
I'm a new user of Gideros.
First of all, I must apologize for my very approximative english.

I'm more a graphist than a developper but I'm also really curious and tenacious. So, after 3-4 weeks, here is my first game 'finished'. Gideros is a really cool framework, I love it !

My game works well on my iPhone4 via the Gideros Player. Few seconds to load, fluid animation and sound reactivity. BUT when I try to deploy it (via a Ad hoc version) it crashes at launch (tested on the same iphone and also on a iphone 4s). It only shows the splash screen that I've uploaded in the project parameters in xCode and quits (splash screen which is not the «Gideros Studio splash» indeed ?!).

Here are my (many :S ) questions :
1. Do I have to make any change in xCode before exporting my app ?
2.Tutorial on: http://www.giderosmobile.com/DevCenter/index.php/Deployment is quite basic, is there a more complete elsewhere ?
3. After adding my icons and the multiples pictures xCode asks for (Default-Portrait.png, Default-568h@2x.png, etc.), I simply click the 'Archive' command in 'Product' menu. Then, in the Organizer, I package the app (choosing Ad hoc distrib, etc.). Then deploy with TestFlight (install works fine)... Am I missing some steps ?
4. Why do I have a custom splash screen and not the Gideros one ?
5. How do I know which step is wrong ? How can I be sure that my ipa is correctly build ? Is there a way to obtain any information about the crash reason ?

Any help will be really appreciated
jim
My meditation plan :
SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
🤔

Comments

• hgvyas123hgvyas123 Guru
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Welcome

for your questions

1) No

2) you can also find some examples in gideros installation directory also you can use http://appcodingeasy.com/Gideros-Mobile

3) no idea never used test flight

4) good for you by custom splash screen you can spread your or your company's name

5) in the case you are fine to run your project from xcode then your ipa will be solid and no chance of error assuming you are using correct provisioning profiles

:)
  • Thx hgvyas123 for your answers.
    On question #2, I was asking for a more detailed tuto about app deployment. Thx anyway
    on #5, I'm gonna redo all the publish process, based on a step by step found here (the most recent I could find) : http://agilewarrior.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/how-to-distribute-ad-hoc-build-with-xcode-4/
    I really hope it will reveal a stupid mistake in my way of doing it.
    My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    🤔
  • jimlevjimlev Member
    edited March 2013
    IT'S ALIIIVVVEEE ! :D

shaolin.jpg
    640 x 640 - 53K

My meditation plan :
    🤔
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook