Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Motion graphics in Gideros? — Gideros Forum

Motion graphics in Gideros?

gianmichelegianmichele Member
edited October 2012 in Game & application design
Hi all,

I'm trying to recreate this kind of animation, procedurally, in Gideros:

Apart for the use of TNT Particle for the obvious particles around, what would be the best approach to animate the shapes? Is the drawing engine fast enough to support it?

Thanks,

Gian

Comments

• That's basically the domain of flash and other timeline based TOOLS.
    The key thing here is the tool used to create the animation rather than the player software that play's it back.

If I was going to create something like that I'd start off by creating a class that could playback an animation along a timeline, possibly with the use of keyframes at set positions and and then tweening their positions or alternatively have a large dataset that was just simply a pre-generated mesh of data points that you just rendered every frame.

If you know the animation format of an SWF or FLA file you could use flash and create a tool to generate the output data, either that or you could use blender or lightwave or maya or some other animation tool and again create an exporter for the animation format that is then rendered by the player.
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill