Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
My feature requests — Gideros Forum

My feature requests

keszeghkeszegh Member
edited September 2012 in Suggestions & requests
As I started to work with Gideros more thoroughly a week ago, i collected some features i miss the most, see them below in order of importance (most of them asked by others as well, some already on the roadmap in some way). I try to do a kind of drawing app, which i understand Gideros may not be made for primarily but i wanted to do something cross-platform and also i like lua as previously i worked with as3 (and processing) and gideros seems to be the best choice for me given these assumptions. (also it was important to have a free solution to work with until i manage to make some profit)
I would be happy if the developers could tell something about their plans about these features (i understand that putting anything on the roadmap is too strong a promise, so i'm satisfied if you say anything approximate schedule, which you do not need to achieve of course).
so the features:

1. rendertotexture ,i.e., bake a sprite onto another sprite (its parent, e.g.), so that they become one sprite/bitmap
2. antialiasing (for shapes is enough for me for now, but smoothing of all sprites was asked by others also and would be helpful)
for partial solutions see these helpful comments: http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/1556/antialiased-lines-in-a-shape#Item_4
3. pressure sensitivity plugin or whatever solution to get pressure info for android devices
3a. perhaps i would be happy with an example in the documentation about how to write a most simple android plugin that calls some java function (and not c))
3b. perhaps writing a java plugin should be made simpler, now it seems that it works only through c somehow, which i don' get so far
for help about these see these nice comments: http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/1557/get-stylus-pressure-information#Item_1
4. deploy app to windows pc

thanks for listening, overall i like gideros a lot and hope that it will be able to expand in a way that these features also get included at some point.

Comments