Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
[Doubt] Screen resolution - How to calculate? - — Gideros Forum

[Doubt] Screen resolution - How to calculate? -

shadowlordDEAshadowlordDEA Member
edited September 2012 in Game & application design
Hello all!!!
I read all the threads regarding automatic screen resolution, but during my short tests, i had some problems.... and doubts. :\">

1- How do I calculate the scale factor?

2- what is the best practice:
-Working with the logical dimensions: 240x320,
and provide images with higher resolutions, or work with a larger logical dimension,
and provide images with lower resolution?

3- My test:
- I set the logical dimensions to 240x320;
- I created 2 more images and put in "Image Scales"(project properties): 2x and 1.3x
- The two images, saved in. Png format, have the resolutions: 320x480 and 480x800
When I run the player with 480x800 resolution, the picture is with 2 white borders on each side.

How should I calculate the scale, and save my images?

Comments

• zakkwyldezakkwylde Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    To go even further. Could someone create a default applicaiton with blank images (eac scale) for a project that could work on iphone, ipad , retina and non retina.

It seems very hard to get this right when it should be a simple thing to do.

Cheers
  • there is already an example related to "automatic image resolution" in the example folder.
    But I did not understand how the calculation is done.
    That way, I can not set "fullscreen" to 3 dimensions: 240x320, 340x480, 480x800.

Cheers ^:)^
  • Vote for default applicaiton with blank images :D
  • denizdeniz Maintainer
    Well, I wrote an example but it is turned our to be the same with the example that comes with Gideros package.

1- you have to adjust logical dimentions to 768x1024 in this example, it will be the default image. The scaling factor does not need to be exact. The best fit is selected.

2-Actually, I think it is better to start with the higher resolution image. And use scale factors like: 0.5, 0.25

3- If you do not want any whiteness, you should change your scale mode to : Stretch but it will change the aspect ratio.

rar
    rar
    ImageScale.rar
    2M