Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
How to add corrections to the Ultimate Guide to Gideros Studio? — Gideros Forum

How to add corrections to the Ultimate Guide to Gideros Studio?

MellsMells Guru
edited August 2012 in Suggestions & requests
Hi,

I think that I have spotted a few parts that would need minor corrections in the Ultimate Guide to Gideros Studio.
However, I'm not an experienced dev and would like to know if there is a way, somewhere, to add suggestions for improvements and have more experienced dev :
  1. Review reports
  2. Correct if needed
  3. Confirm
  4. Update the Guide
  5. Inform the community of the updates, on the forum
Even if I could update myself, I'd prefer that somebody reviews my suggestions before updating any docs.

For example, today I saw in the 5.7 Scene Management Section
  • 5.3.1 Scene Manager Usage Overview
  • 5.3.1 Built-in Transition Effects
  • 5.3.1 Transition Events
Where it should have been :
  • 5.7.1 Scene Manager Usage Overview
  • 5.7.2 Built-in Transition Effects
  • 5.7.3 Transition Events
- - - - -

Also more important in section 5.7.3 Transition Events :
function MyScene:init()
 self:addEventListener("enterEnd", self.onEnterEnd, self)
 self:addEventListener("exitBegin", self.onExitBegin, self)
end

function MyScene:enterEnd()
 self:addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, self.onEnterFrame, self)
end

function MyScene:exitBegin()
 self:removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, self.onEnterFrame, self)
end
Should be, I think :
function MyScene:init()
 self:addEventListener("enterEnd", self.onEnterEnd, self)
 self:addEventListener("exitBegin", self.onExitBegin, self)
end

function MyScene:***onEnterEnd()***
 self:addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, self.onEnterFrame, self)
end

function MyScene:***onExitBegin()
 self:removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, self.onEnterFrame, self)
end
That's something that beginners could be stuck with.

If you know a place where we can report those changes for review, I'd be happy to know and try to contribute whenever I can.

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Mells

We initially thought that the ultimate guide to be an open platform that every (experienced) Gideros Studio developer can directly contribute without asking for an approval. This way, it's easier and much time-saving to collaborate on a community driven project. Therefore what you need is only getting authorization to make changes on the document, which will give you once you send me (gorkem@gi..) your email address.

Therefore, feel free to make additions, and then in case you want a second opinion / checking, write here once you finish up with your work so others can have a look at your contributions.

Görkem
  • Hello,
    yes you are completely right, I've made the corrections to Guide.
    If you do not want to edit Guide on your own, you can always post issues here in forum in the Bugs and issues category and we can review it together ;)
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    See, there's always some hero here :)
  • Hi , is it possible to change also all Application description,actually A everywhere written in uppercase, but must use in lowercase.
    Yes I know written:
    Application
    Application class contains the common functions that’s available to the current application. There is a global variable application of type Application to access these functions.
    But for me, when I started, created some confusion Application and application, because I copied every time that codes, and never worked.
    I have other question, it will be possible to add example to add hidden div, include the code example, or add the links, forum or @ar2rsawseen or other site ..
    This is only my opinion, and thanks for reading .
  • @gaboritaly
    Hi , is it possible to change also all Application description,actually A everywhere written in uppercase, but must use in lowercase.
    Do you mean Gideros Guide or Gideros Documentation.
    I don't agree that Application would be changed to application, just so documents be more consistent, as you've mentioned that one is class definition and other instance. But I agree that this at least should be stated with each of those classes, like Application, Stage, etc and shown in example to be used with lowercase letter.
    I have other question, it will be possible to add example to add hidden div, include the code example, or add the links, forum or @ar2rsawseen or other site ..
    Did not really understand that, could you elaborate? If you mean adding external links to documentation or Gideros Guide, then it would be a bad idea, because external resources may change. It would be much better to copy referenced text (with permission from author of course) into Docs or Guide and use it that way.

• @gorkem
    I will post my suggestions in the forum on a dedicated discussion that I will update when (if) I find minor corrections. If I feel that I'm experienced enough in the future, I'll contact you to get the authorization to make changes on the document directly.

@ar2sawseen
    thanks for the corrections. I'll post on the forum then :)
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps