Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Which push notification server are you using? — Gideros Forum

Which push notification server are you using?

gorkemgorkem Maintainer
edited June 2012 in Relax cafe
A question to everyone here - Are you currently using a push notification service for your application(s)? If so, which one (Urban Airship, PushWoosh, xtify, etc)?

Is there anyone who rolls its own PN server?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hmm, don't use one now, but would probably create my own server. Need to check how hard could it be :)
  • myspsmysps Member
    for my apps not developed with gideros.. Parse & Appoxee.. heard good things about pushwoosh and urban airship tried to implement back in the fall and there were too many errors but I know lots of people who love it.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @ar2rsawseen not too hard if you stick with one platform on one UI, however things get complicated when you try to combine APNS and C2DM on the same interface. Since you only have the option to send the pushes to devices and not get the delivery approval, things are virtually easy. You only need a certificate from both parties to be able to send pushes, and a server, but server doesnt really need to be directly connected to internet. In fact if you need the very simple push feature, then a PHP script will do it.