Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
In-App purchase details — Gideros Forum

In-App purchase details

twisttaptwisttap Member
edited May 2012 in Game & application design
Hello,

I am looking for some directions to use in-app purchase to add extra levels to an application.
Frankly, I dont have an experience with in-app puchase system and how can I add lets say new levels to a working title.

Any tutorial or example code especially adding new levels to existing code would be appreciated.

Dislikes: krisis

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• If you want to "add" extra levels etc to an exisiting app then you need to make sure that the app has been designed with this functionality in mind and that you some some kind of online repository whereby the data can be stored ready to download into the app.

Once you've sent the appropriate messages to and from apple (and responded correctly to the generated events - see storekit.mm in the main plugin's folder) then it's just a case of signalling the download requests and storing the files locally - in the app's documents folder.

However an easier (IMHO) option would be to make sure that all the assets / data files etc already exist in the game and you just have a flag stored in a config file that "allows access" to the data once the appropriate checks / sales etc have been processed.

Then if you want to release new levels at a later date, you just update your app in the store and let the service provider (Apple or Google) do the heavy lifting.

I hope this is the info that you wanted. I don't know the specifics of doing an actual in-app purchase using Gideros but there are several examples online of it being done in Corona (v. similar) and natively - and at the end of the day it's all about passing messages to and from Apples servers so it shouldn't be too much grief to get it working.
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • There is a lot information about app purchase on M site(android and iOs both) including samples. But nothing here:(
  • Is there no build-in properties to use google play in-app function in Gideros?
    Anyone has an idea?