Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What is Automatic Downsizing? — Gideros Forum

What is Automatic Downsizing?

ondesicondesic Member
edited May 2012 in General questions
I noticed that each added image has an option for "Automatic Downsizing". I couldn't find any reference to this in the documentation. What does this do exactly?

Thanks

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• evsevs Member
    Hello,

Have a look at the fourth post by @deniz here...

http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/comment/5420

cheers

evs
  • ondesicondesic Member
    I actually read that post, but didn't understand completely.

So to consolidate the answer to this thread, let me make sure I understand.

First you right-click your project name, go to Properties, then create the image scales.
    Next, if you want to apply those image scales to a particular loaded image, you have to right-click the image and select Automatic Downsizing?

Is this correct?
  • avoavo Member
    Yes looks like that's correct, and actually I didn't even realize that Gideros could do this for you automatically.

I imagine you can also create the different sizes on your own and not select automatic downsizing, I think it just runs a process on the image to create the different sizes the first time you click it.
  • Hello,

I'm a new user, just starting some tutorials and I had the same doubt.

I noticed that that option works on the emulator to automatically switch to the proper image when switching the resolution in the same session. It's an option for the emulator, gilderos picks the correct image at boot anyway.