Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Early Prototype of my game! — Gideros Forum

Early Prototype of my game!

joelghilljoelghill Member
edited June 2012 in Game & application design
Hello all,

I've been working on my first game on and off since early this year. I'm doing everything I can to get it released to Google Play by the end of the month, and I'd like to gather feedback on the current version I have now.

Download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/3350663907/prototype.apk

Warning: it's a rough version (doesn't even have a name yet). I have yet to produce art and sound effects for it, and there are a few odd gameplay bugs left to iron out.

I'm looking for feedback on how it performs on a variety of devices, and on the gameplay. Constructive criticism is welcome!

The final product will have entirely hand painted art and an original soundtrack. Eventually I would like to introduce online leader boards for high scores.

Thanks!

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited June 2012
    I absolutely like your game :)

Sometimes the space between blocks are so long (about 2 screens) and my flying power is not enough to land a safe block.

I've done a quick test on Galaxy S2 and Kindle Fire and it works very well on them without any glitches.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Well if you scratch off the graphics and sounds, then what I would add is some collectibles.

By default it could be coins, that increases score. But also on some rare occasions an energy refills would be cool.

Of course you can come up with many consumable add-ons as you want, like ghost mode, which allows you to run through walls, or something that makes time slower, it's completely up to you.

Another thing, if you are also going to release this app for ios too, you should put back buttons on tutorial, score and game screens, as ios does not have back buttons like Android (Actually I just noticed, that I'm now an IOS user, because at first I didn't know how to get back, only then remembered about back button)

And this is just my opinion, but I would liked it better, if it didn't fall down so fast, make it a little more smoothly and feel a little more natural.

And last thing, Ostriches does not fly. Well actually that's a good point, because now your game stands out and you can try to grasp some PR on this statement :D

• Oh, also, here is a gallery of screenshots and a picture of what I'm painting now.

I suppose this is also my introduction to the community. I've been lurking here for months, but I believe this is my first post.

Anyways, here they are on Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103588734997153216786/posts/h2nakk6kusy
  • denizdeniz Maintainer
    I loved the art work. Hello Joel and welcome!
  • @joelghill, I love the idea of the painted backgrounds, it gives your game some real character :) keep it up.
    ThumbHurt Games / FB: ThumbHurt Games / FB: Eli/Teranth | Skype: teranth37