Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What should "don't package" do? — Gideros Forum

What should "don't package" do?

Hi, I thought that "don't package" means that the file should be ignored while packing the aab/apk, but I see those files in the exported aab package:

Is that a bug or a misunderstanding? :)
Thank you

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    In think it has only been implemented for html, in case you want some assets to be downloadable directly with an url instead of having them in the GApp archive, but I guess it could be useful for other platforms too.
  • piepie Member
    Thank you, :)
    yes it might be useful for example to keep some notes inside the project directory but avoid to pack and publish them
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I am still unsure about what should be done. In the currently implemented way, it just tells if the asset should be inside or outside the archive for HTML, but it is exported anyway.

On other platforms it could mean 'don't export', but then it would not work the same for HTML.
  • piepie Member
    I see: I thought it was not exported at all for HTML therefore it would be easy to implement.
    I don't know how much of a hassle would it be, but might be possible to rename the current "don't package" to "don't package HTML" (only to avoid misunderstandings) and add a new context menu entry like "don't publish at all" which would simply ignore the file(s) when building the packages for every platform? :#

maybe someone smarter than me can find better labels to write there :smiley:

thank you
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Hi @pie, I've finally added this new option 'Never export': https://github.com/gideros/gideros/commit/c3a5cc86d62cc5e222d8f5c9d7f03efd3a3ed90a

+1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • piepie Member
    Great! Thank you! :smile:

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook