Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
will the Ads plugin need modified for the iPhone X? — Gideros Forum

will the Ads plugin need modified for the iPhone X?

XmanXman Member
edited November 2017 in General questions
Since I have not get a iPhone X device yet,I do not know how the banner will show.
Will the set position for the banner need modified?
Could anyone verify it?
Thanks!

Comments

• totebototebo Member
    edited November 2017
    Good question. The iPhone notch is likely to be in the way at least a few iPhone iterations.

Maybe there could be a generic way to detect if the display has things blocking parts of the canvas, like the rounded edges and notch on iPhone X. With Samsung's track record of lifting iPhone's design, this may spill onto Android soon.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • I tested on the simulator of iPhone X,the rounded edges will just be black,so it seems there will be no problem if you don’t care about using the full screen of iPhone X .
  • XmanXman Member
    edited November 2017
    I think for the current exported project, since no iPhone X launch image is added and no launch screen storyboard is used, the app will just use the safe area of the screen, it will be just be safe to use the admob ads, just my guess!
  • Of course,if app want to use the full screen of iPhone X,the ads plugin need modified
  • So the banners display below the notch, or are they covered by it?
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com