Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Automatically send to all connected devices — Gideros Forum

Automatically send to all connected devices

dreiko65dreiko65 Member
edited August 2015 in Suggestions & requests
I dont know if that makes sense or if anybody else finds it interesting but it would be nice if gideros studio was able to send the app to all connected devices at once just by hitting the play button. (send to one after another)
I use 2 mobile phones and also the gideros player for debugging and I have to switch manually from one device to the other.
What you all think?

Comments

• With Zerobane studio you can switch between devices so much easily.
    Just here is an explanation of it.

http://www.indiedb.com/tutorials/gideros-with-zerobrane
    (Find Topic Setup multiple devices for instant on-device testing and debugging )

But if Gideros Studio will also support somehow this property i will not say no to it:D
  • @talis, really, how exactly is it easier with ZeroBrane?
    Maybe we will have an idea for Gideros Studio too :)

Currently in Gideros Studio there is a dropdown with all available devices, which allows you to switch between devices by selecting it from dropdown

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Go easy on me @ar2rsawseen :D
    I am not aware of the latest additions on Gideors studio.
    Not doing a single project with it lately but it is not changing the fact that i am supporting it with all my heart.
    It is always good to be kept up to date, i guess need to resarch and experiment the latest changes.
    Previously Zerobane studio rules, and Gideros's own ide doesn't have so much customization options.
    It is good to hear those additions. I guess need to look at it.
  • i think it's anyway a non-trivial problem how to debug multiple devices. e.g. in the output window for each print there should be the additional info which device it is coming from, say. also e.g. in zbs when you set watch for a value etc. then it should watch the values on which device?
    so debugging multiple devices probably causes more problems than it's worth. but still, running on multiple devices automatically (without debugging all of them) could be possible i guess with some batch script using gdrdaemon etc. command-line tools.
  • Well for debugging one device is enough but in some cases you may want to test how the game runs on some real devices. If you have ten of them it would be easier to send the files to all of them at once rather than changing ip all the time
  • totebototebo Member
    edited August 2015
    For me I'd be happy with the output from one device, as long as I can test on multiple devices in one go.

I think just sending sequentially to all devices in the currently existing dropdown would work. I do this manually now, export them one by one, to test the same code on multiple devices. The use case for me is invariably performance and UI positioning on different devices.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    We (the core team) had already some thought about how this could be done.
    See https://github.com/gideros/gideros/issues/31 for tracking this request.
    A first approach would be to automate launching on all devices discovered, finishing by the one that is currently selected.
    Something like: Connect->Launch->Disconnect for each device, finishing by a Connect->Launch on selected device, console will then be tied to selected device

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    I finally started implementing it... :)
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Done! A new feature to play with in next release :)
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Yay! Are releases... released monthly now? Is there a specific date?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    We are planning a build this week end... If all of us get enough time ;) btw we do not try to maintain a release frequency, just doing one when there is enough new stuff or fixes!
  • totebototebo Member
    edited September 2015
    Okay. Just noticed that the day was dropped from the builds. Looking forward to new build, it has lots of cool stuff in it!