Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Ultimate Guide Link — Gideros Forum

Ultimate Guide Link

CarolineCaroline Guru
edited March 2012 in Suggestions & requests
At the top of the forum are 3 useful links.

I always fail to find the link to the Ultimate Guide from these. Maybe a link towards the top of the Academy page would help?

Comments

• ZoytZoyt Member
    Whoops. I'm on the iPhone version. I have it bookmarked now thanks I you.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @caroline I was afraid to include that link since the guide is not finished yet as we still have incomplete chapters. This is why I am not linking it anywhere yet, and only those who are active on the forum can see it.

Do you think I should?
  • You would know if people are downloading without coming to the forums. And if they don't post, and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't, then they have to read old posts and strike it lucky.

Under version, you could have 0.8, and say that it is currently in progress. Hey - I buy ebooks that aren't complete, on the promise of being completed one day.

It's just that there do seem to be people who post, who don't know about it, and it is useful, even in an unfinished state.

Or what about, instead of defacing the Academy page with incompleteness, having it under the Wiki Documentation page.

I went there when I first downloaded - I clicked Wiki, and then clicked Documentation. I was sent back to the Academy. You could have the Ultimate Guide linked there before being sent back to the Academy.

I do realise it's under Links and Resources, but I think it took me a while to go there, only after I'd realised that the documentation was a bit lacking. It doesn't hurt to have it in several places.

It seems redundant to me on the Wiki page to have Reference Manual pointing to the Academy, and also Documentation pointing to the Academy. I remember initially feeling as if I were going in circles looking for stuff. Reference Manual could be replaced by Ultimate Guide? Or Documentation could be replaced by Ultimate Guide, since it doesn't do anything. (It's not useful to have multiple links that just go back to the Academy - it's like those adventure games where you keep hitting the primordial bug-eyed ooze that bumps you back to the beginning :).)

Or what about a user test to see where they actually look for documentation :)?
  • I am actually still confused by the Academy vs wiki.
  • I would but the link somewhere visible too, because it won't grow much more unless someone new is filling in.
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    edited March 2012
    Ooh! Pick me! :-h I might try to do some new stuff... When I get a little better grip on it. And I'd be very happy to do the iBook doc. I have some cool ideas for that.
    Thanks, Caroline. More than convinced :) Adding it now.

James - That's a confusion point I know, and I'll fix it after I return from Phuket :)
  • CarolineCaroline Guru
    edited March 2012
    Umm... that's a striking yellow line you've got at the top there. Is that temporary? I don't think that I meant to suggest that you to put a fourth option at the top, or if I did I was wrong - it's looking a bit crowded up there now.

It can all wait until you get back. Holiday? I hope to get there one day - I just looked up distances, and it's actually the same distance from Turkey as from Brisbane. I thought it was much closer to us.
    @Caroline, yes, holiday. I can be suggesting you lots of things in case you choose this destionation.

Ok let's talk this issue all together when I get back, much better. :)