Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What's your target group? — Gideros Forum

What's your target group?

HolonistHolonist Member
edited April 2015 in Relax cafe
Hi all,

I haven't thought much about my target group. Until now I'm simply developing the game I wish for myself and that nobody else would deliver me.

But that might not be the best way to merchandise your product (if you plan so).

On the playstore and also the introduced projects in this forum seem to be targeted towards children almost without exception. What's your target group, and why?

Do you think an app that's not colourful, friendly and dishing out rewards all the time can be successful?

Comments

• piepie Member
    @Holonist, I didn't publish anything yet, but I think that "targeting children" means that you don't need to worry about "age rating/restrictions", therefore you could be more visible, and game mechanics could be easier and more fit to casual gamers (I think most of the mobile gamers).

If I were developing a free game where roi comes from ads and iap I would try to make it interesting for everyone - casual gamers and children first.

If I were developing a rated 18+ game, I would try to "exploit" my rating - doing things that games rated everyone can't do - and ask for a small price to people who could choose to buy my game instead of a beer.

I believe that you'll have to throw a die anyway.. :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook