Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
A few suggestions/questions — Gideros Forum

A few suggestions/questions

ZoytZoyt Member
edited March 2012 in Suggestions & requests
So I just joined... And I have a few suggestions/questions how to do it. Here it goes:

1. I really want to be able to do 3D transformations by transforming the matrix. Many other languages have it.
2. Meshes would be nice.
3. How do I implement TestFlight with this?
4. Umm... Am I missing something? WHERE THE HECK IS THE KEYBOARD? It would be nice to have one.
5. How do I use CFXR in this?
6. So... What are all the events I can use in the events class? I really want to know about the touch ones.
7. Can we have notifications when the app is active and not please? And how would I do it now. And how would I change the app badge?
8. Is there any way to seamlessly implement some lua code with an already writen app?
9. I'm using the community version right now... The website says that the only thing that's really different is it has a splash screen, but it seems I can't export to Xcode... Little more help on the differences between the versions?
If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. I know there is. Thanks! :D
P.S. I hope it's not that hard to convert my code from Codea..

Comments

• I don't know a lot of the answers, so I'll just pick a couple :).
    6. So... What are all the events I can use in the events class? I really want to know about the touch ones.
    Here's the Events help page
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/documentation/events.html

I just wrote a bit of sample code about touches ("mouse" are single touches, use "touch" for multi touch)
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/474/e-book-template#Item_9
    9. I'm using the community version right now... The website says that the only thing that's really different is it has a splash screen, but it seems I can't export to Xcode... Little more help on the differences between the versions?
    You should be able to do the export with the free version. You should have run the License Manager, which comes in the Gideros Studio folder with the free download. Then log in (you have to have a separate login from the forum), and it will give you a free license, so you can then export to Xcode with a splash screen.

I haven't done anything with Codea, except play a few samples, but it would be really nice to be able to code on the iPad and convert it to Gideros.

The Ultimate Guide to Gideros might also help you:
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=149g_P1YlE4_6v_hHbFx3YAaYpdU0HoM70XJSLTE38ww&pli=1

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    edited March 2012
    My bad... Thanks @Caroline.
    **Edit: Just to validate, there is not a way to pull the keyboard without using C or C++ yet, right? Thanks!**
  • >>>1. I really want to be able to do 3D transformations by transforming the matrix. Many other languages have it.

Gideros doens't have it.

>>2. Meshes would be nice.

Not there too.

>>3. How do I implement TestFlight with this?

Don't know. Start researching

>>4. Umm... Am I missing something? WHERE THE HECK IS THE KEYBOARD? It would be nice to have one.

Search for the UIKIT plugin here on the forum. Teh keyboard is supported in it. Plugins are supported only for IOS atm. Android was surpose to be released last week, but it didn't happen. There is also a roadmap link somewhere in this forum where you can see what plans GiderosMobile has for the next releases.

>>5. How do I use CFXR in this?

Guess you talk about the sound generation tool? It is not related to Gideros in any kind. It produces sounds. For sound effects you need WAV files and for music use MP3 files in Gideros.

Please, do yourswelf a favor and start reading the documentation of Gideros and study the examples. Try yourself and THEN ask your questions.

7. Can we have notifications when the app is active and not please? And how would I do it now. And how would I change the app badge?

Notificatiosn are there, some event will be fired. Read up the documentation. And how to change the app icon??? Well, you can do this only with an exported app. Caroline already told you that you need to run the license manager. Export an app and replace/include the icon there according the documentation that Apple/Google put for your pleasure to read and study.

8. Is there any way to seamlessly implement some lua code with an already writen app?

Please explain in more detail. Do you mean if Gideros can execute LUA's DoString command at runtime?

See Caroline's comment. The only difference is the splash screen. You need to run the license manager to be able to export.

• ZoytZoyt Member
    Thanks @MikeHart - I forgot to check some of those links. I did check the examples, but I didn't know about the ultimate guide to Gideros. And these are also suggestions. Not all questions. I'll do a little more research on TestFlight. I forgot to check the UIKit for the keyboard. I mean to use CFXR to generate my own sounds on the fly. I'll do it myself I guess with Xcode. When I say the app badge, I meant the little red badge on the iOS icon. I'll have to do that myself too. And when I say seamlessly combining Gideros code seamlessly with a current Xcode app, I meant something like you wanted to make mini games for your original Xcode app in Gideros if the Xcode project is already made. Sorry if I came a cross as a rude new user.