Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Software Documentation (Software Model) — Gideros Forum

Software Documentation (Software Model)

HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
edited March 2014 in Suggestions & requests
Hi folks,
I am writing this to ask if anyone has some tips or good practices to externally document the code of your applications.

I think this is a tedious part for any programmer, but from my experience I believe it is very important since memory is fragile and in a couple of weeks or a month can forget some features implemented , or if you want to transfer the source code third this could help your better understanding and maintaining code for future updates.

I think a picture is worth a thousand words and I heard things in favor and against UML, but I have not found anything related UML with Lua (more is with java or C++ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/405953/generating-uml-from-c-code) maybe Lua itself is not OOP, although I must admit that I find somewhat complicated, because one must have clear enough theory OOP and I think one can lose (or wasting time) quite technicality, when what is sought is basically convey the idea of how the code works in a chart, it’s just to my 2 cents.

I found a bonitaBPM software (similar to Bizagi) we use to pick up information processes in the business, then send it to the department of software engineering , but I feel that these tools are more suitable to represent business models, and not for model the mechanics of a video game.

Finally this discussion becomes focused on external documentation (not internal) of the code, as with so many lines of code and classes is good to have an overview of how everything is linked and how it works.

Any suggestions or experience with this topic, thanks.

Comments