Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Lost on Christmas game is now available on Google Play — Gideros Forum

Lost on Christmas game is now available on Google Play

I have published "Lost on Christmas" a new Christmas themed game developed in 10 days using the Doodle Jump template from this post http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/473/let039s-jump-d#Item_13. This is my first box2d physics-based game.

It is available on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.jdbc.lostonchristmas

Easy to play for kids I guess. Better for playing with an Android tablet.

A lot of time of development was create menu, score and gameplay adjust. Game engine is based and really improved from template provided above. Art is provided by OpenGameArt and Glitch project http://opengameart.org/art-search?keys=glitch

Comments

• @jdbc congratulations

I'm wondering :
    is publishing a game about Christmas in january still a good strategy?

I was thinking that a "Reach your goals!" kind of game (where you are a little character climbing mountains to reach the peak and prove himself that he can achieve great things in life) was more appropriated to the beginning of this year. This kind of things.
    It's in my mind but I already have other projects I'm working on (maybe next one is this one, a quick one).

Use the idea if you want, I'm going to do it sooner or later anyway :)
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited January 2014
    @jdbc congratulations

I'm wondering :
    is publishing a game about Christmas in january still a good strategy?

I was thinking that a "Reach your goals!" kind of game (where you are a little character climbing mountains to reach the peak and prove himself that he can achieve great things in life) was more appropriated to the beginning of this year. This kind of things.
    It's in my mind but I already have other projects I'm working on (maybe next one is this one, a quick one).

Use the idea if you want, I'm going to do it sooner or later anyway :)
    Here in Spain, Christmas is until 7 of January... we have the Magic Kings (Los reyes magos).

Anyway good idea for "Reach your goals" and I was only experimenting with this type of gameplay. And winter is still there, so may be a "Lost in Winter" is another option for marketing.
  • @jdbc
    oh so you're from Spain, then maybe try a localized version with Los reyes magos as characters then as a different skin.
    I believe more and more we should localize our apps, it's easier to "dominate" in smaller markets first.
    I know a guy who focused on small african countries first so that he could get featured and use it in his marketing material "Featured by Apple" (which is entirely true).

Anyway, just throwing ideas :)

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook