Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Bug report with gideros_2013.09-p1: "Encrypting all assets" has unforeseen consequences — Gideros Forum

Bug report with gideros_2013.09-p1: "Encrypting all assets" has unforeseen consequences

ianchiaianchia Member
edited October 2013 in Bugs and issues
Hi @atilim @ar2rsawseen et. al.,

While I appreciate the effort and thinking behind encrypting the image and audio assets for a project, the default encrypted export of a project using 2013.09-p1 has totally broken my apps that rely on using UIWebViews (and sometimes UIImage) to load various viewports.

While the Gideros engine now decodes encrypted assets for its rendering engine, the iOS runtime has no idea what to do with the encrypted assets. It just thinks they're invalid. Oops.

While I "could" just copy over my unencrypted assets after an export from Gideros Studio, it does become trickier when my more complex projects use *BOTH* the Gideros rendering (graphic/audio) engines as well as the stock iOS APIs for display. The "encrypt all assets" option just makes life more difficult in the management of the development pipeline as well as the QA process.

Would it be possible to have an additional check-box, so that instead of:

[ ] Encrypt code and asset files

… we have instead ...

[ ] Encrypt code files

[ ] Encrypt asset files

so I can have the luxury of encrypting my code and NOT have to encrypt all my assets as well?

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,

- Ian

Comments