Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
The Bingo Spot — Gideros Forum

The Bingo Spot

Hello, all. Christopher here. We've just launched a new app made with Gideros that we like to call "The Bingo Spot".

It's just your standard Bingo app, but with an important difference: no coins, no tokens, no timers, no spamming... it just lets you play Bingo with no strings attached.

I hope you don't mind me leaving some links here to check out:
http://thebingospot.com
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bingo-spot/id628740979?mt=8

...and here's the description in case you're interested. Thanks for taking a look!

---

Bingo began as an enjoyable, relaxing experience fit for all ages. It has since become a flashy, over-stimulating nuisance that's designed to suck every last nickel and dime out of you. Well, there's a new place in town that wants to change that. They call it The Bingo Spot.

We mean it. You're set for life. The Bingo Spot has no in-game currency, no waiting periods, no friend spamming… just a promise you'll never have to pay another penny to continue receiving unlimited play time.

Three styles of opponent await you. Our resident computer Bingo experts employ the finest Bingo strategies: some are just in it for the fun, others are out to get you. Take them all on and rise to become part of The Bingo Spot elite.

Want something more than your average Bingo game? Check out our list of achievements which are sure to test your mighty Bingo skills. Or just climb the leaderboards and see your name amongst the classiest Bingo players in the world.

Comments

• Wow that actually looks quite polished. But is there really three different kind of AI for Bingo? Like what should be a difference? Are there any choices? Or luck ratio? :D
  • KongoRats :)
    Is there an Android version ? my spouse likes bingo games...
  • @talis Thanks.

@ar2rsawseen hehe Yeah, I know it sounds strange. The difference is that on Easy, your opponent won't call Bingo until he/she gets three Bingos. On Hard, he/she will call immediately after one.

@ArtLeeApps No Android in the plans at the moment, but perhaps in the future.

Thanks to all for checking it out.
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited October 2013
    @TheOddLinguist
    Hi Christopher, that's a very interesting case study for me.

The topic of the game is well known (no need to sell the concept of the game, people are already sold on it).
    Genre - Conversion -> ok. There is an existing, validated market. People have the ability and willingness to pay for that kind of products.

The game looks nice, the screenshots also.
    App Store - Conversion (screenshots + description) -> ok (= should not be a problem for you according to what I see is working for competitors)

The homepage (+domain name) in my opinion convert very well, the copywriting is good too. The guy who is doing it (maybe it's you?) knows how to speak the user's language. Congratulations for that (Maybe I would add a real user's quote also?).
    Homepage - Conversion -> ok

If there wasn't a problem of discoverability on the app store, I would predict that your app has everything in place to sell well enough (and more).

Now this is where the right marketing strategy can make the difference.
    I am curious to see how you are going to put this in front of people's eyes.
    I believe your conversion rates will be high, but it's more a matter of traffic now.

Definitely an interesting case study, do you have a dev blog detailing your efforts on this topic?

Note : I was curious to see the press Kit but the link is not working.
    <Error>
    <pre>AccessDenied
    Access Denied
    (...)

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • @Mells Thanks for the detailed write-up there. hehe

Sorry about the press kit link; I made a last minute change, and it may have broken things. Would you mind trying again and letting me know if that works? My apologies.

As for the points you made, I believe I'd agree for the most part. Bingo's popular enough, but it's a tough sell when most apps are free (though you end up paying so much more in IAP). And yes, I did write the copy, so thanks. I'd have a user quote if we had one... hehe

However, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you in your quest for a good case study, because we're not really looking to make a major profit from this app. hehe We mostly just do it for fun and for the experience.

It's possible we may reach out to some blogs for some marketing, but it's definitely not high on our list of priorities at the moment. So, it's possible I won't have much more information to offer. If something does change, though, I'll be sure to let you know whatever you're interested in hearing about.

Thanks again for taking a look.
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited October 2013
    @TheOddLinguist
    The link is working now ;)

To market this kind of app, especially if you don't want to invest much time, I would use unconventional ways (not reaching out to blogs with unsegmented audience) and go directly to the "real" users ->
    Search example :
    Association, community, online forums

I would invest enough time to talk to 20 people who play bingo a lot, get their feedback, improve the app, get them to tell you what they think about the update ("thanks for updating the app, now I really enjoy spending time with it!") and you get your quotes from real users, and you get their own way to describe the fun they have. That will speak to other players who share the same profile.
    Make sure those people are part of a community, and there you have 20 people who are highly engaged (and well-connected) to talk about your app to well targeted users.
    Those 20+ people are worth so much more than thousands of untargeted, unqualified web visitors.

Once this is done, you can do other things. Even forget about the app. They will spread the word for you.

Well, that's just a suggestion. Déformation professionnelle haha

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps