Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
iOS, transparent PNGs rendering bug and Gideros 2.0.0a1 — Gideros Forum

iOS, transparent PNGs rendering bug and Gideros 2.0.0a1

ianchiaianchia Member
edited September 2013 in Bugs and issues
Hello @atilim - I was a little surprised when I tried out the 2.0 alpha 1 and the bird sample showed that transparent edges around the birds weren't being rendered under iOS. (ie. all the birds have big black boxes as their background). I've tried under iOS6 and iOS7, iPhone and iPad and Xcode simulator, all with the same results. I assume this is a known issue? I had expected feature parity for rendering on iOS & Android for the first 2.0 alpha (the supplied video on the blog post has the birds rendering correctly under Android.)

A question about GLSL shaders. Off the top of your head, is it fairly tricky or simple for developers to port Flash Player Pixel Bender shaders to GLSL? I've done some minor research and it seems fairly trivial to translate the byte code, but I'm more interested in personally porting the higher level language into GLSL. Here are a couple of sample for you to browse through if you have time.

TV-scanlines:
http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/2008/09/17/pixel-bender-tv-scanline-filter/

Circular pattern:
http://pixelero.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/pixel-bender-circle-pattern/
Pixel bender shader source:
http://www.petrileskinen.fi//Actionscript/CirclePattern/bin-release/srcview/source/assets/CirclePattern.pbk

Thank you for your time.

Best,

- Ian

Comments

• wow, thats interesting because me and @atilim did not experience anything like that on any Android or IOS device we had, let me retest that on older Iphone 3gs.

And about the glsl, the concept seems to be similar but different language, and currently I'm not aware of automatic translation, maybe @atilim knows something
  • @ar2rsawseen @atilim I noticed I wasn't very specific about the hardware or OS versions, so I just tried again and reproed the issue on a bunch of devices. The bug is present on the following:

iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.3
    iPhone 4S iOS7.0
    iPhone 5 iOS7.0
    iPad Mini iOS6.1.3
    iPad Gen 2 iOS 7.0
    iPad Gen 4 iOS 7.0
    iPhone Simulator iOS 7.0
    iPad Simulator iOS 7.0

I opened the sample bird project from github, exported it using Gideros 2.0.0a1 and compiled it under Xcode 5. Attached is a sample screenshot showing the bug.

Regarding glsl, I wasn't so interested in automatic translation but more of a general "how different are the languages", since I'm not very familiar with either.

Thank you!

Best,

- Ian
    IMG_5464.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 123K
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Aha, ok I could reproduce it on my devices, it seems it works great with the player, but problem is only on exported projects, we'll look into that, thank you ;)